1% of Gordini owners

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner154

Reaction score
do not hav ethe stripes according to a review in my local paper today.
So that's 1.5 UK ones then :lol:

Some one has just the one stripe to make up the .5% ;)

miner154":2tsuoo9p said:
do not hav ethe stripes according to a review in my local paper today.
So that's 1.5 UK ones then :lol:

Some one has just the one stripe to make up the .5% ;)

Sorry but i dont think the stripes look nice. It stops to short for a full double stripe. Wouldnt mind seeing a black gordini tho

The stripes stop in the same place as the Renault 8 Gordini, admittedly that's because the headlights were under where the stripes finished but I guess it is to replicate that.

R8_Gordini_Pegomas-Tanneron_2005.jpg

Odd that the review claims 1% don't have the stripes when they all came out of the factory with them. Which 1.5% of owners took them off! lol

Alex_225":37eri0vi said:
Odd that the review claims 1% don't have the stripes when they all came out of the factory with them. Which 1.5% of owners took them off! lol

ALex, sorry bout the confusion I equated 1% as about 1.5 cars as I was guessing based on the number of cars sold. i.e at the end of the UK run only two won't have stripes (1% of 200)

I'll see if the article is now online

Alex_225":278trlag said:

Not necessarily...

Funny story: before I got my Twingo I had a Citroen C2 Code - black car with black stripes, factory fitted.

When I went to collect it (new) there were no stripes; the dealer said they must have been missed, but they could get them if I wanted. I said to leave it and see how I liked it without.

Next morning I looked out - it had been raining in the night, and the car was sitting there quite clearly showing where the stripes had been (no wax, so no beads of water!).

Phoned the dealer and there was a lot of silence - eventually they admitted that the guy who'd valeted the car had pulled them off, thinking they were part of the protection for transporting it to the dealer (I guess that's what you get when you pay minimum wage...).

To cut a long story short, they agreed to put it right but hadn't got the stripe in stock - eventually it toook calls to Citroen UK, who got in touch with Citroen France because they weren't an item that could be ordered. They eventually tracked a set down in a warehouse somewhere and I got them fitted, but it took about two months in total to sort out.

So it's not necessarily the owners that took them off your Gordinis!!!

gavin-h":38hbp1e3 said:
So it's not necessarily the owners that took them off your Gordinis!!!

Not aware of anyone who doesn't have the stripes and from teh claim in teh paper 2 cars max in teh UK will not have stripes.

I wasn't that over fussed with them, but plumped to keep them after a debate of Twingo OC

Gavin-H I bet that valeter got in some serious sh!t for that one. What a muppet!! haha

Thing is I get the impression that the stripes on the current Gordinis are fitted from the factory thats all.

I know the Racing Blue Clio 182s had their stripes fitted by the dealerships, hence why most of them are fitted slightly differently. Some go all the way to the bottom of the bumpers, some further left or right than others. I just assumed the current Gordinis were stripes as they were built. Hence why I thought it was odd some wouldn't have them, didn't think they were optional as such but removed them afterwards.

The dealer told me they came with them and if I wanted them off they woul dremove them.

They said when ordering new you can specify no stripes but even then then may arrive with them.

She said they warm them up with a hairdryer 1st to remove them.

Yeah removing them wouldn't be a massive job. Bit of heat then polish off any remaining glue. Job done. :)