16" 182 Alloys - Tyre Choice

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin_Man

Reaction score
Just bought a full set of 16" 182 alloys...

I like my 17", but with low profile tyres, I find my self trying to hard to look after them and feeling sick to my stomach when I hit a pothole.

Anyone fitted clio 182 alloys and know what the max profile is? I need more sidewall!!!

Thanks in advance :D

Stick with 195/45r16 or 205, anything else will be throwing the speedo out and probably ruin the handling characteristics.

Chris is running toyo r1r on his. I have Conti sport contact 3s in 195 and theyre perfectly comfortable. It was a noticable change from the 17"

That's great thanks, Maggi!
Worried they will look too small or silly without spacers, but also looking forward to seeing the difference.

Thanks again!

I'm fitting some trophy turinis tomorrow after they have new tyres fitted. I've gone for 205/45/16 so I'll let you know fi they rub

I've also upgraded to 182 alloys with 205/45 tyres. Won't look too small, in fact, the extra width over the 195 increases the sidewall height to approx 4mm :)

What offset are the 182 alloys? Are they et45?

If they are I can stop worrying as mine will fit :)

They're the same width (7") but the offset is et45 compared to oem which is 55 resulting in the sitting 10mm further out.

They sit perfectly with my car on coilovers

I can confirm the tyres don't rub. However the black circles premium recommend garage I went to decided they wanted to chip paint off all four wheels. That garage was run by kids! The area manager is paying then a visit tomorrow as I expect a refurb! But the tyres are good and I'm glad I went for the wider option. So conclusion is stick to the garages you know and not 'recommended' garages from black circles...

markhardy":3hp2zvnc said:
I can confirm the tyres don't rub. However the black circles premium recommend garage I went to decided they wanted to chip paint off all four wheels. That garage was run by kids! The area manager is paying then a visit tomorrow as I expect a refurb! But the tyres are good and I'm glad I went for the wider option. So conclusion is stick to the garages you know and not 'recommended' garages from black circles...

i could tell you why they got chipped, they never changed the tyre machines rim protector around. this is the part that goes around the edge of the rim and lifts the tyre up and out of the well. for steel wheels you use the standard metal part, for alloy wheels as they are much softer you use a plastic cover and a special lever that is coated with nylon so that it relatively soft and will not chip the paint.

Yeah that's what I've been told a few times today. Black circles area manager is paying them a visit tomorrow

Moomin_Man":2nzho98a said:
That's great thanks, Maggi!
Worried they will look too small or silly without spacers, but also looking forward to seeing the difference.

Thanks again!

they dont look silly at all. as the 182's sit so much wider they are almost flush with the wheel arch rather than set in like the 17's

i am running toyo r1rs on mine as mentioned above and love them.

jy7a9uda.jpg

195/45 16" with 182 wheels on my RS, no problem at all :)

They look great. I'm looking for 16" wheels with a greater profile than my existing setup.

Hoping it's an improvement in terms of comfort when dealing with pot holes etc.

The offset of the 182 wheels depends on the colour. The silver ones are et48, the anthracite ones that came with the cup-pack are et45.