8x100 bolt pattern

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey92

Reaction score
I've found some amazing alloys I want, but I can only get them in an 8 x 100 bolt pattern, anyone know if this would work or has tried it already?

I doubt if its 8x100. Chances are thats a multi fitment 4x100 and 4xSomething else.

4x100 is ok.

Got a link/wheel make and type as this would make it easier but I'm guessing the same as neil

They're similar to the wheels I had on my old twingo. Good luck keeping them clean :lol:

Btw, they're ET40, read on the sizes that at 17" I'll need them to be ET55, will a garage supply the spacers or do I have to get them myself?

Joey92":6nb7prdx said:
Btw, they're ET40, read on the sizes that at 17" I'll need them to be ET55, will a garage supply the spacers or do I have to get them myself?
Its not so much the diameter of the wheel thats the problem, but the overall diameter of the tyre and how far out it sits.

Bear with it....
ET55 and 7"wide is standard RS133 fittment, with 195 width tyres, that leaves the shoulder of the tyre tucked clear from the top of the rear arches and front inner arches on the front when on full lock. Move up to 205 width and thats 10mm overall, shared 5mm extra inside and outside. So, your outside shoulder has moved 5mm closer to the metal inner arch and screw which secures the top of the blister extenion. Added onto this shift outwards, the overall diameter of the tyre will have increased as the 40 profile is 40% of the width and your now 10mm wider. So, you have sidewalls which are 4mm taller, meaning if the tyre was going to hit something, its going to happen with 4mm less suspension /steering movement.

Adding spacers will effectively decrease the ET number. ET55 is tucked well in and ET0 would be sticking out. So, an ET40 wheel has moved outboard just like adding 15mm spacers to your original wheels ;)

205/40/17 on 7x17 ET40 would be risky unless your going to get the hammer out :?

i was running 17x7 ET42 on my white buddy clubs with -25mm lowering springs fitted , it felt fine for me but i was also running the 195 40 17 tires , cause yeah 205 is cheaper but will rub more your choice ;)

I'll have a look and see if I can get 195's and hope for the best :D

GhostZ":1ra4m75u said:
i was running 17x7 ET42 on my white buddy clubs with -25mm lowering springs fitted , it felt fine for me but i was also running the 195 40 17 tires , cause yeah 205 is cheaper but will rub more your choice ;)
No mention about keeping them clean :roll: