A quick once over for my Megane

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well I must admit I've probably had about 18 months from feeling a bit 'meh' about detailing. Not that I'd dare let my standards drop on my own cars but I've not had that real urge to get up early and crack on like I used to.

Until today! So up at 7.30 and all the gear ready by 8am! :thumb:

First up was the Megan's interior, wasn't too bad but 500-600 miles since the last once over (2 months!!). Floor protectors doing their job, not the best looking things but serve a purpose -

1%201_zpsutavqnwe.jpg

2%201_zpsbptzselu.jpg

Always find these two a cheap and reliable combination -

3%201_zps2jf4rjiu.jpg

And this little chap helps -

4%201_zpsh704xccv.jpg

7%201_zpsevdrrhrq.jpg

5%201_zpswqjcosmg.jpg

6%201_zpsaje7tlan.jpg

Now for the outside, not terribly sorry for itself but not clean by any means -

8%201_zpsjlxmq22b.jpg

9%201_zpsv3rztvjh.jpg

10%201_zps6bftap0u.jpg

Now a detailing friend of mine had recommended using Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash. We'd both expressed how unimpressed we'd been with snow foam and I'd never really found it lifting the dirt like you'd expect.

11%201_zpslry6qns7.jpg

Sprayed over the car mixed 1:10

12%201_zpsbsbsxhfp.jpg

13%201_zpsaeosexoi.jpg

Was surprised it almost foams when the pressure washer hit it -

14%201_zps24y4gved.jpg

This was the state of the car after rinsing with the pressure washer -

15%201_zps7tgz4zmj.jpg

16%201_zpsh5htzsy0.jpg

The car was then washed with Dodo Juice Born to be Mild and microfibre wash mitts, dried using microfibre towels. Glass was then sealed with Serious Detailing Super Glass Seal.

17%201_zpslgmswgi3.jpg

If I could use a dog analogy for detailing products, Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel is a faithful old labrador. Goes on and on and never lets you down! :lol:

18%201_zpsq5ke9jr7.jpg

Finally looking like this -

19%201_zpsvjuwucgl.jpg

20%201_zps9jqf0i0f.jpg

21%201_zpsw87derkg.jpg

22%201_zpspd2dhf9d.jpg

23%201_zpsgimdspus.jpg

So I'll be maintaining the look of the car for the next 6 months or so as it's newly clayed and sealed. Glad to be feeling the detailing urge again though.

Thanks guys.

I'm always pleased with how this comes up after a thorough clean. Also I still look at the car and it (in my eyes) looks really good. Don't think it's dated badly in terms of styling even though in May it will be 10 years old!!

Haha if I had the time I gladly would.

Once thing I will say for the non-cleaning fans, get your hands on some Citrus Pre-Wash. Makes the entire process so much quicker and easier.

Have you tried Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam? Cleaning power is just as good as the Valet Pro citrus Pre-wash (I have both)

I may give it a go at some point although I'm pretty chuffed with the pre-wash at the moment.

Used to use Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow-Foam and just couldn't see much benefit. Only reason I went for the Citrus stuff was due to a mate of mine recommending it. He's a detailer by profession and raved about it, got some in for me to try and now I'm a convert haha.