Advice on how to change the pathetic, factory fitted horn.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteWilko

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ugrading the horn on my RS 133 Cup as the factory fitted unit is pretty pathetic. I'd like to fit a couple of snail shell type air horns but I don't know what type to buy, or even the best way to access it.

Any advice form someone who has already upgraded their horn would be welcome.

Hi, your right about the horn though half the time mine didn't work. Turned out the wire was loose where it connects in the stalk. To access the horn itself you'll have to take the drivers side wheel arch off it's possible to just peel back the side nearest bumber and it's attached on to the washer bottle. If you open the bonnet u can see the top of the horn and connecter right down below the headlight and wheel arch. Hope this helps you could try and find another oem one to fit the Reno connector otherwise I'm lost with anything to do with butchering wires etc.

Cup RS 133":1oprpuzr said:
Hi, your right about the horn though half the time mine didn't work. Turned out the wire was loose where it connects in the stalk. To access the horn itself you'll have to take the drivers side wheel arch off it's possible to just peel back the side nearest bumber and it's attached on to the washer bottle. If you open the bonnet u can see the top of the horn and connecter right down below the headlight and wheel arch. Hope this helps you could try and find another oem one to fit the Reno connector otherwise I'm lost with anything to do with butchering wires etc.
That's great! If the weather is fine next weekend I think I'll have a little delve around in the wheel arch and get a couple of photos of the connectors before buy an upgrade. Hopefully, that way, I should be able to get a compatable unit first time.
Many thanks for your help mate.

Someone has changed this in their car, if you dig around the progress section, can't remember who. Either yotah or speedline