Aftermarket car audio buzz

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently put a kenwood headunit, amp and speakers all round. The amp and front speakers are a recent addition and since I installed them there has been a buzzing noise when the engine is started that won't go away unless the stereo is put on standby. It has all new rca's, speaker wire and power wire. The power wire goes down the passenger side sill and the rca's and signal wire are on the drivers side. It's ground on the rear wheel arch. The pitch of the buzz changes and if i depress the clutch and if the heater is on. Any help would be very welcome as I can't find anything I haven't tried through my own research.

I think you have an alternator whine, are the power wires and RCA wires laying parallel where they come together? If the wires are coming together somewhere, this wires can be like a cross (in a 90 degree angle) but to get rid of the interference you must check that they are not routed next to each other.

Twingo2RS":1oulop8n said:
I think you have an alternator whine, are the power wires and RCA wires laying parallel where they come together? If the wires are coming together somewhere, this wires can be like a cross (in a 90 degree angle) but to get rid of the interference you must check that they are not routed next to each other.

the rca's do run parallel to some of the wiring to the front speakers, I'll do have a look and see if that fixes it. Thanks