Air filters!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BG11PPY

Reaction score
I've seen an awful lot of talk about air filters - can someone give me a sure answer as to what is the best! BMC, K-Tec or ... (do K&N do a system)

advice welcome :D

BMC

K-tec's one falls apart

lots of people on here (including myself) how tried and tested them both and the BMC filter seems to be the one pleasing the crowd:)

Wonderful! I saw something re; a 'green' air filter was it?

Anyone got one? I need to order myself one today or tomorrow as I finally have a little spare cash to treat my car!

The Green panel filter for the 133 is a new addition to their range, so not many people will have one. However, the quality is normaly good. Kam racing have an offer on.

I have a BMC panel ordered as there has been loads of good feedback and theres not much in it price wise...

i had a pipercross in mine, same as the ktec one someone said?

ive swapped mine for a BMC and cant fault it

How do i get my hands on a BMC filter as my car is coming up to its 36,000 miles service and i believe the air filter gets changed at this service so i was wanting to get a aftermarket one instead of having to but a brand new normal one.

toni_133":3iboeaya said:
How do i get my hands on a BMC filter as my car is coming up to its 36,000 miles service and i believe the air filter gets changed at this service so i was wanting to get a aftermarket one instead of having to but a brand new normal one.

Give Kam racing a shout.

Rite I'm gonna by an air filter!
Looking at either the bmc or the green air filter.

Can people please compare the 2 If they can?

What are all the benefits I should receive compared to the standard RS filter?

Is it even worth the bother of getting one?

Thanks!

Lordyb":3adospg1 said:
Rite I'm gonna by an air filter!
Looking at either the bmc or the green air filter.

Can people please compare the 2 If they can?

What are all the benefits I should receive compared to the standard RS filter?

Is it even worth the bother of getting one?

Thanks!

I'm gunna pick up a BMC or Green one when I get paid, probably the BMC one!

I've actually fitted a Green cone filter to my other half's 133. It's a kit designed for a Clio 182 but the pipework is a perfect fit.

I've left the bottom of the stock airbox in place as it holds the filter in place, plus has the cold air feed. It probably gives no performance increase, much like most air filters but it sounds immense!!!! Just how the 133 should have sounded. :)

I haven't got any more noise from the BMC but the car feels much smoother. THe torque curve seems much flatter and without that wierd spot it had before. I'm very impressed!

I bought myself a K-Tec one about a month ago now, it's been in - kept whipping it out and checking it to make sure it was still solid.

Seems they've fixed it, mine's fine after a month of use.