Andrea Bakkerud Super 1600: paddock pictures (he won today!)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1975DCS

Reaction score
d6a7848b.jpg

848b6b4c.jpg

47c21c71.jpg

d99cabb5.jpg

0fccc4ca.jpg

078564b6.jpg

I know nothing about the S1600 European Rally Championship except what I've just read on Wikipedia. I wonder if this is something Eurosport cover? I'll have to look out for it as it would be great to see this Twingo compete.

Anyway as I understand it the little beasty has around 230bhp from it's normally aspirated 1.6 and weighs about 980kg. To think how well a standard 133 Cup drives this thing is going to be epic.

Stunty":iupqsaia said:
I know nothing about the S1600 European Rally Championship except what I've just read on Wikipedia. I wonder if this is something Eurosport cover? I'll have to look out for it as it would be great to see this Twingo compete.

Anyway as I understand it the little beasty has around 230bhp from it's normally aspirated 1.6 and weighs about 980kg. To think how well a standard 133 Cup drives this thing is going to be epic.

Last year a Russian (Rakhmatullin) drove the first Twingo (I think it is this one), but despite some new clever bits over the Clio Super 1600 it had some small problems and lacked the speed. This year Mr. Baby Blue does well and maybe he can become champion. But he would have to beat Linnemann in the 207. Funny enough he drove a Polo before joining Renault and he claimed it was even more powerful as this latest Sodemo engine...

I think this car would lap an original Twingo RS within the 5 lap race... The Belgian covered this week on Motors and next week we can see the Dutch round!