Annoying squeaking noise.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Detail

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on what's causing my car to sometimes produce a brake squeak at low speeds. It seems to disappear as soon as I go over 10mph. Other than the noise, there are no signs of any problems and, as always, the car is running great. The brake calipers and discs look completely normal but this is the area I think the sound is coming from. Any ideas?

Thanks, Matt

I know the twingo uses a trw rear brake caliper. And Peugeot use the same rear caliper and there very Prone for dust build up causing them to bind. Easy way to tell jack up the back and with the hand brake off ( chock a front wheel first ) and see if they are tight to spin.
If they are it's a case of removing the caliper, tapping the pads of the hub and cleaning everything up and greasing the sliders then re fit the caliper.

I had that tool it to the garage and I had all the breaks cleaned and the added more copper grease to the backs of the pads and all fine it was the excess build up of break dust ;)

I had a squeaking, creaking sound from my RS Cup. Tracked it down to the two tailgate hindges. Drop of "WD40" did the trick. Slim.

slim":18kx147n said:
I had a squeaking, creaking sound from my RS Cup. Tracked it down to the two tailgate hindges. Drop of "WD40" did the trick. Slim.

Did this happen when you were opening/closing the boot or when you were driving along?

when I was moving along at slow speed.... was bugging me! as it was the only creek/squeek on the RS Cup. Slim.

slim":r8xl6mds said:
when I was moving along at slow speed.... was bugging me! as it was the only creek/squeek on the RS Cup. Slim.

Thanks for that info, mate. I'll check this out as well. What part of the boot was it? The actual strut?

No, just the actual hindges, one each side... where the tailgate fits to the body. Struts are fine. Just sprayed a dab on each hindge and wiped up the excess... Slim.

slim":1q1nlmu1 said:
No, just the actual hindges, one each side... where the tailgate fits to the body. Struts are fine. Just sprayed a dab on each hindge and wiped up the excess... Slim.

Thanks, mate, I'll give that a go.