Anti HID campaign?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full report is on the One Show tonight, BBC 1, 7pm
May be worth watching.

It won't get anywhere because of all the manufacturers including these on their cars and they are safer if installed correctly. I admit that mine aren't in projector lamps and as such could dazzle other road users, but until I have someone tell me or flash me, I'm going to keep them because they make it safer for me at night. Every other car has Xenon/HID's so what difference does it make?

I also love how the BBC have made that report and adjusted the colours of the video so that all the headlights look blue. Look at the island bollard for example... they're not blue, they're white!

This will never happen, especially since alot of new cars come with them as standard.

im with this to a extent....
i will not sell hids to any car older than 2000 reg, the lights are not good enough to handle hids they WILL shine everywhere.

newer cars there is NO problem, we have carried out so many test,

best cars - projectors
new cars - good lamps

Matt":24n8zpr0 said:
Full report is on the One Show tonight, BBC 1, 7pm
I also love how the BBC have made that report and adjusted the colours of the video so that all the headlights look blue. Look at the island bollard for example... they're not blue, they're white!

Theres certainly a blue cast to selected parts of the video. Artistic licence :?

Course they will it wouldn't be evocative if they didn't because people wouldn't see the issue. It's like things on boy racers they only show knobheads not the ones that enjoy their cars and are law abiding. Controversy sells, boring law abiding doesn't.....

they have prob bought the most blue lights you can find,

where most of you have 6k if they have gone for 12k or above they are going to be bright blue!

singlespeed":md5gziy4 said:
Theres certainly a blue cast to selected parts of the video. Artistic licence :?
Also, I have just noticed the bleeding obvious The camera is positioned way below the normal eye line to ensure the glare is maximised. Factual reporting at it's best :evil: