Any more north east meets in the near future

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike_Robo":2s0gri1p said:
Scozer":2s0gri1p said:
Thank you will look into that could be gonna to give the lil motor a run :D

No worries mate, if you sign up to Clio197.net there is a North East Section that we arrang monthly Run Outs in.

Beany-08GT":2s0gri1p said:
I did look going to the Washington meet however thats just a tad too far to drive :( dont think theres many twingoer's round here!

Ah fair does mate, just get yourself to the Malton Meet :D

mrbushrat":2s0gri1p said:
I don't see many about. I would love to know what the obsession with heartside is! It's an ok road but is to busy and to well patrolled by the police.

Twingos are becoming more popular in the North East, theres a fair few more than when I had mine.
Its always been quiet at Hartside for me tbh, I've only seen one camera and that was on the Twisties after the Cafe, where unless you're a biker you wouldnt be doing illegal speeds anyways.

feel free to recommend a route for us to try like, sort a meet out and the teessiders will pop along.

I probably won't be out this year as got lots on including a rally car build. I am also abit of a sadistic barsteward when it comes to roads as I like bumpy single track roads with crests and odd cambers.proper roads that are a challenge to driver and car. I have organised a few run outs on other forums and will organise one one hear in the new year if things have eased off for me.

good plan you've got there!!

I might not make the start of the journey however could meet you in Malton?? and tag along from there! judging by google map timing you'll be there at 10.45 / 11.00 which would be easier for me!

I could be up for that I enjoy driving the longer the run better I enjoy them :)

I'm gonna sign up for clio197.net to look at this forum says a referrer to the club what's anyone want me to put them down on the app form ?

@ beany yeah no problem mate, we could meet you at the One Stop in Norton/Malton? map-> https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=54.128094,-0.776484&hl=en&ll=54.128116,-0.7765&spn=0.001108,0.00284&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=9.362701,23.269043&t=h&z=19

you can't miss it as its right next to the roundabout.

@scozer yeah longer runs are always better, gives you time to get into the feel of the car :) you meeting us at stokesley FC then?

Feel free to introduce yourselves on the thread on 197.net and add yourselves to the list :)
https://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?36904-Washington-ring-run-has-now-changed-to-a-moors-run/page7

I've signed up just waiting for when I can start posting at min I'm restricted lol, when is this big run ? Cause I'm stripping car exhaust tomorrow need to replace mount n gasket lol

Let you know tomorrow if I'm attending bud, messing with the exhaust is not a cool job but a very dirty one lol :lol:

Cheers for the meet spot Mike, i'll loiter round there till I see a cloud of dust and loads of Renaults!

after the visit to scarborough I may head straight to whitby after

If it's of any interest to anyone, NEFords are holding their end of season meet on Sunday 20 October from 12pm - 3pm at Royal Quays Marina, North Shields.

It's partly a fundraising event, with a raffle being held to raise money for the mother of one of the club members, who is looking to go to one of the most deprived areas of Kenya in order to climb a mountain, build a school for orphaned children and work in an elephant reserve.

There's plenty to win as part of the raffle, including;

1 x bottle of Chivas Regal 12 Premium scotch whiskey
1 x bottle of Ron Meil Tobacco honey rum
1 x 2 bottles of Durham Brewery beer and a guide book
2 x pair of Canbus 501/W5W wedge bulbs courtesy of Brite Light Leds - Automotive Lighting upgrades upgrades
1 x 1 hour tattoo time at George Shaw Tattoo Studio
1 x £10 Pret A Manger gift voucher
1 x Dodo Juice detailing kit
1 x BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car framed and signed picture courtesy of Armor All
1 x Middlesbrough FC ground tour for 4
1 x Up to £50 of chosen DMB Graphics Ltd products
20 x 1 carton of Peek metal polish thanks to Tri-Peek
1 x set of 4 red Lego brick valve caps courtesy of Caps'n'Cuffs
1 x set of 4 white Storm Trooper helmet valve caps courtesy of Caps'n'Cuffs
1 x set of 4 black Storm Trooper helmet valve caps courtesy of Caps'n'Cuffs
1 x set of 2 Stig cufflinks courtesy of Caps'n'Cuffs
1 x service at Team Valley Classic Motors
1 x set of parking sensors
1 x Ford winter car care kit
1 x care kit from Collinite
2 x Ford tshirt from PetrolThreads

NEFords will also be announcing the winner of the 'Car of the Year 2013' competition.

As I'm the only Renault owning club member, it'd be great to see more Twingos attend. Also hoping that a few of the lads from RenaultUK/NorthernRenault will be joining us.