Anyone go for G-3 Glasscoat?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
G3 Glasscoat is is Renaults current product that offers 5 years protection from one application. :shock:

Now that's a pretty bold claim considering most of these long life sealants only claim 3 years. Now both me and my girlfriend were offered this treatment on our cars, I declined it on both counts so they offered to put the product in the boot to apply ourselves.

Unfortunately they forgot I'd asked them not too and applied it to my girlfriends car anyway so I've been watching how it worked for some time. Now this is the product they have applied -

Glasscoat.jpg

P1010069.jpg

As you'll see from the bottle they seem to be quite strict on who uses or sells it! :? Now when we picked up my missus car it was beading as well as any sealant or wax I've ever used, a good sign of there being some kind of last stage product applied.

The instructions advise you too make sure the car is completely clean, silicone and wax free and any pant defects corrected. Ideally then, a car that's been clayed and machine polished! Doubt they ever do that before applying to a new car.

So anyway, we're 3 months down the line and to be honest the beading had died right down and eventually I lost all hope of it and polished and applied my own sealant.

Whether this product would have lasted as long as it claimed if the car was prepared correctly I don't know. Let's face it though, no dealership is going to spend the extra hours preparing the car as you should do, therefore I conclude this stuff simply doesn't last.

Also, in case you're wondering, it claims to be detergent proof but to be on the safe side I've only used a fairly weak solution of Chemical Guys Maxi Suds. This shampoo is designed to be mild to not strip wax so I don't blame that at all.

My conclusion. If you get offered it for free, then why not, the car will be very clean on the outside and protected from day one. On the other hand, if it's costing you don't bother. The only aspect worth having is the interior protection which I think is worthwhile but something you could do yourself with the right products.

One last addition which I thought was cool, I got this pack thrown in. found it in a box in the boot of my Gordini.

P1010067.jpg

P1010068.jpg

Not a bad little selection of goodies that I may try at some point. Found out later how much they usually charge for just that pack..........£150!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Like I say, I think if you clayed your car first and polish it then it'd probably last a fair while. I would say 12 months is ambitious though, let alone 5 years!!

It may be one of the better long lasting sealants but I don't rate them. Unless it's chucked in for free then it's worth giving it a go.

Working for renault i spoke with the G3 Glasscoat guy and he said aslong as you only rinse the car then it will last the 5 years but if you attack it with polish or and thing then it wont. But thats all i was told

Yeah any kind of claying or polishing would see it off no problem, in the same way as a normal wax or sealant.

Only thing is, the care instructions claim you can just wash the car normally and that it can even go through a car wash.

In theory if all you used on your car was water with no shampoo at all, then a wax like Collinite would probably last twice as long.

I had it applied to my car. What with it being new, it seemed a good idea.
If you're someone who doesn't fuss about washing cars or detailing them, it's probably quite good.

But I like to get the products out and shine away nearly every week anyway, so I wasted my money really. Lol.

I think it's for people who can't be assed to clean their cars, let alone detail them, but then again I may be wrong....Lol

To be honest, I wouldn't have it applied again, unless it was FOC.

I think you're right, the Market it's intended for are people who simply cant be bothered and would like to just point a hose at the car and be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Products like this are a complete waste of money, especially as the dealers just give it to their crappy valeters to apply. The bold claims they make about the lasting protection are complete lies, you'll be lucky to get a few months.

You're far better off paying a detailer to carry out a 'new car detail'. This will often be cheaper than dealer protection packages, will enhance the look of the paintwork and the protection will last a lot longer. The overall results will be dramatically better and your brand new car won't be covered in swirls.

I'm with Monster Detail on this one. I'd rather pay a pro £300+ to give my car a proper prep which will get it ideal for some protection.

These kinds of products are generally for the types of people who just can't be bothered with any kind of polishing or waxing let alone detailing. Only thing is though, those people will likely use a car wash.

Now if a good product like Chemical Guys shampoo removes the protection within 3 months, then the stuff they will use in a car wash will probably do it in half that time.

Thing is for about £50 and a bit of elbow grease you'd get a better finish and better protection.

It's interessting to see, what you guys in the UK receive with you new car....
Let me see.... I even haven't get a coffee, when I picked up my Gordini.... :-(

To be honest mate, I don't think everyone gets that thrown in.

They tried to sweeten the deal by offering this G-3 Glasscoat on both mine and the girlfriends car but I declined. The sales chap offered to leave the gear in the car for me and that's what I found. The girlfriend was gutted as she didn't get all that haha.

That's pretty good, my missus only got standard Twingo ones in hers.

May have to see how much RS ones go for though.

as said i think this is a product for people that buy a new car and might show it a hose every few months!!the main aim is to make money for the salesman!
we have proper valeters at work that cant belive how much this stuff sell for and how cr*p it is!!yet if they said to a customer a full valet is £30 the customer would tell them to jog on but they will happily pay £150+ for this??

Alex_225":2rdj7uax said:
That's pretty good, my missus only got standard Twingo ones in hers.

May have to see how much RS ones go for though.

If you need mates drop me a PM and ill see what price i can do them for :)