Anyone got 15" wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theres well over 1 inch of clearance over the caliper, to reduce the diameter to 15's. Although spoke clearance could be a problem if reducing width unless decreassing the offset acordingly. I will be going for 6.5j x 15 ET35 and 195/50/15 for winter

Agreed, but I think that Speedline Turinis in 16" and with offset 35mm on 195/45/16 Conti's should work perfect, right?

I see. Well I don't know much about those things to be honest. So stock 17" rims have ET35, right? Changing to Speedlines in 16" with ET35 should be fine then? There are only two options, ET42 or ET35, which one would you suggest?

Cheers!

Matthias":46lk1tv8 said:
I see. Well I don't know much about those things to be honest. So stock 17" rims have ET35, right? Changing to Speedlines in 16" with ET35 should be fine then? There are only two options, ET42 or ET35, which one would you suggest?

Cheers!
The standard 7x17 cup rims are et55... So with et35, your effectively adding 20mm spacers, which pushes the wheel outwards... The consequence of this is the shoulder of the tyre covers a larger arc when turning so clearance on full lock gets closer than standard.

On Alloywheels.com, 195/45/16 and 7x16 ET35 shows as a usable fitment, so they should fit. ET38 appears to be the maximum offset that can be used with an equivalent size of 205/40/17

Okay, thank you very much for the info and explanation. I think I'll buy 16" with ET42, much safer bet, don't you think?

img3296rs.jpg

speedline (for renault ) ( ET 45 i think )

fit with toyo R888 for track day