arch rolling

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you went or a tried and tested size?

And what is it actually catching? Seeing as the bits I imagine its catching are plastic, rolling probably won't help.

maggi112":1a92s6kx said:
I thought you went or a tried and tested size?

And what is it actually catching? Seeing as the bits I imagine its catching are plastic, rolling probably won't help.

so did I mate, his was even lowered on apex springs :/ due to the different offset the tyres catch slightly on the lip on the rear arches when going over bumps/hills at speed :/ I'm going to have a good look at it this weekend and try to determine where it is catching, hopefully folding up the lip might work.

What did you go for then? I assume you mean he as in Neil? I can only think if Karl who had them otherwise, but his were standard wheels/tyres.

I'm remaining on standard, but am lowering. I hope the 205s don't catch but I'm not holding my breath

The TRS Front and Back arches are PLASTIC, so they won't be rolled...

What you can do is take a dremel (other rotary tools are available) with a sanding disc and sand your arches back for a little more clearance.

My wheels catch on the rear with standard Cup ride height, 195/50R15s with ET37 offset :/

Is it the plastic extension, or the original metal wing panel which has a lip at the top of the arch?

At ET43 and 195 rubber, mine catch verrry ocasionaly over a big bump. I beleive ET35 catch more regular, so maybe 40 is the point where it starts becoming more of an issue

madmatt":3hknhtsf said:
The TRS Front and Back arches are PLASTIC, so they won't be rolled...

What you can do is take a dremel (other rotary tools are available) with a sanding disc and sand your arches back for a little more clearance.

My wheels catch on the rear with standard Cup ride height, 195/50R15s with ET37 offset :/

yeah i was wondering if it was possible, I think that getting rid of the lip might solve the problem like :/

Get one of the back wheels parked on something higher than the other three wheels, to push it up into the arch. That should give you a better idea of where its catching, even if you can't get it to actualy rub. Theres no point in grinding the plastic arch if thats not the problem ;)

singlespeed":188z68jn said:
Get one of the back wheels parked on something higher than the other three wheels, to push it up into the arch. That should give you a better idea of where its catching, even if you can't get it to actualy rub. Theres no point in grinding the plastic arch if thats not the problem ;)

good idea mate ill do that thanks :D

In the Wind wheelarches are these metal lips sticking out on the inside.
I got them flatened out with a hammer.

Dunno if this is the case for the Twingo as well.

Mike_Robo":1qfyx2kt said:
we have the lip as well, not sure if its just plastic though, ill have a check tonight :)
I thought it was plastic too until it cut my tyres.

They're metal lips and god knows why Renault decides to put these metal lips sticking out towards your tyres..

I had mine flattened also with a hammer on the RS when i lowered it and fitted the new tires on the OZ which have an ET of 35. Still had some rubbing with the track tires, but that's because they were massive... The new Bridge Potenza in 195/45/16 don't rub even though the car is lowered a lot now!

But don't hammer too much, otherwise you will push out the plastic wheelarch extension, and these tend to bend to a certain point, after which they start to un-glue at the top, especially on the fuel filler side.

had a look last night and the tyres seem to be catching on the lip, however if the lip was flattened out I still think the wheels would catch on the arch itself :/ at this rate it looks like I might be having to sell them.. gutted. :(