AST Solid Topmounts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middo

Reaction score
I had a little chat with curtis @ powerstation about a year ago with regards to AST sportlines and topmounts and he hadn't yet measured an RS up for fitment but was almost certain a clio 172 set would fit with possible minor milling.

So has anybody dropped a set of these onto their twingo rs yet?? or even the k-tec / mark fish solid topmounts??

Also I hear many chinese whispers about 172 coilovers being a direct fitment, as long as the hub spacing is correct, but is this true? as i refuse to pay extra for a twingo labelled box.

i have the adjustable top mounts. nightmare to get it to work with 133 due to thread size but works a treat is your running clio coilies/dampners

it's completely standard at the min, but before i go out and spend all my money was looking for some opinions. would like to get some clio coilovers because i would have much greater choice but dont fancy buying a set if im going to have issues with fitment.

what problem did you have with the thread size?

i used the ast's on my clio as they were the best mod i ever did as the renault rubber topmount is a terrible cost-driven idea.

i believe they said the top thread of dampners was slightly smaller so they used another nut to tighten it on top. they ws just test fitting and having a laugh with my car so didnt fit out major details, but they said left side panel will need to have a hole cut in if i wanted to change camber or just leave it set at one point.
avoid using 1*2's coil overs, stick to 1.2/6 models, the hub spacing bolts/lower mounting holes are different, specially on the 182s. they tried getting the clio cup racer set on 133 but werent happening.

gotya. the 1.2/1.6 models used the 58mm spacing if i recall correctly?? haven't measured these hubs yet so will deffo have to have a check

think a set of adjustable clio coils is on the shopping list, but must get a job first before spending redundancy lol

58mm it is.
ats do a cracker for the 133...the price is also bank cracking :(

like wise, get this job in 2 weeks time and ITB should be going in on schedule