At Power - ITB kit for Twingo 133.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie133cup

Reaction score
Right guys , At Power are having my car for 4 weeks soon for development and manufacture of a TB kit for the RS Twingos .

They have asked me to see if we can get a few interested people together to drive the development cost down = Lower cost of the kit .

So what I'm asking is anyone seriously interested ?

Any questions I will be happy to answer.

Edited - I cant spell.

TB as individual TB kit? or something along the lines of JMS R2 manifold?
i did speak to them before, seem a good company and can do a direct-to-head ITB system. only thing is you'd need the whole ecu kit as going from the change of drive-by-wire to throttle cable

nice, costing i heard was around £2000 mark.
i've you could move your water bottle res or get them to do it can afford to have larger trumpets :)
will see how my insurence claim goes through in August and see.

get some much need mid range torque, guessing if there but on with the space there is now the high end would be great with the 4-1 exhaust package but dread to think lower down. even get a nice airbox going. you going to relocate your battery before hand?
the water hose pipe shouldnt be a problem if its angled high slightly.
was either tempted by this or seeing JMS, depends on if i take the NA route or charged route. hehe
try also a post on cliosport. few k4ms kicking around with many having to do their own home brew. head work slightly different but manifold line up is the same :) so least AT can aim at two types of models

i saw on their site they did a demo of keeping the 197 drive by wire system to control d-b-w ITBs but there not going to be making them :( would of been so much easier, love it when they do tech demos of 'WE CAN AND HAVE DONE IT, BUT NOT SELLING IT'

It is something I would LOVE, but very "Price Pending"

I'm keeping my eyes on this thread too.

Any specific specifications? i.e
TB Diameter
Fuel Rail/Injector Specs
Trumpet length
ECU Specs

Cheers

I would be interested in this, obvioussly depending on price :)

The more people they can see are interested , the less the kit will cost . But obviously I know people aren't always gonna have a spare £2k etc

I'll get the specs when I get home.

Cheers for that Orb , was just away to link that. It will be pretty similiar to that . Im just awaiting news about a standalone ecu etc.

had it book marked for ages lol.
seems like they would sort your loom out with ecu and give software but would be up to the tuners to sort it out for you. who would you see for tuning? would be worth the research if they've used the ecu before etc
hopefully end product would give a nice rise in torque :)

The tuner is something i have to look into as they are all they way down in norfolk and im up here in aberdeen , so will be relying on feedback from them and some of you lots experiences.

Ollie133cup":qkwlxwya said:
The tuner is something i have to look into as they are all they way down in norfolk and im up here in aberdeen , so will be relying on feedback from them and some of you lots experiences.
I feel your pain :( unless you can trailer the car, large mods like this would realy need installing by tunner unless you had a prety good base map installed in the replacement ecu (unlikely for the guinepig). Or, you get a wide band Lambda sensor and the software to get it close yourself.

Bike TB's were popular on kit cars, from 1600 x-flows to 2000 VX and Zetec, with something like the GSXR600 K1 or K2 bodies being perfect as they are individual and can be spaced accordingly. The 600's being good for 180hp :D for more than that, the 750 has a larger TB but won't give the same feel on part throttle on a small engine.

Yes, I thought about if for my Westy, and have even re-thought about it for the RS :D

RS is perfect on the way back. AT should be able to remove everything and design set it up and could either put it back or leave it all plugged in and trailer it to them for at least a whole day for mapping or a few days to rewrite the 133s base code for all your features etc.
also give jms a try mate, slightly less cash but they've done some impressive figures with their clio manifolds beating ITB. still keep the drive-by-throttle body and ecu and RS tuning remap was included in their price for clios, but theres im guessing would take a longer time as it seems their manifold is casted where as AT mill the gasket, attach the bodie then trumpet etc
still two cracking options

by the way... JMS won't do a kit for the Twingo :(

Hi,

I'm afraid I won't be developing something in the near future due to the prohibitive costs associated with the development cycle.

Many thanks,

Tom

On 20 Jul 2011, at 11:54, manfred wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I read alot about your famous RS2 intake solution for the F4R Clio
> engines. I wonder if you considered creating a similar product for the K4M
> engine found in the current Twingo RS 133.
>
> BR
> Manfred

sooo tempting to buy the short clio version and welding the correct gasket plate to it and making the to mesh some how. gasket plate to head, RS2 to gasket plate. like an adapter of some sort
shame really :(
they've got everything tried and tested, would just be changing it to mount to k4m :(