At Power - ITB kit for Twingo 133.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going down to get these made and fitted in 2 weeks.

Price for the kit is looking now towards £2000.

Gains they are aiming for is 40bhp plus, so you would be looking at 170bhp in a Twingo!!

To avoid cutting of the bonnet we are going to have to use short ram pipes and also looks like moving the water bottle . More info soon.

I'll keep an eye on that topic, as if we get some news for some good cams, that solution could interest me, but only if HP gains are absolutely checked, and that means for me, checked at at least one rolling road which has nothing to do with the guys who built the ITB.

Yes 40bhp and yes they have a dbw system of there own.

I have no other mods apart from coilovers so any gains you see will purely be from the throttles. And once Neil has completed the Cam development see how much cams improve etc and a exhaust system.

If you get the 40BHP I will buy a Twingo and get this kit.. No joke! I would love a 170BHP Twingo!

At the mo though, Im on the verge of a Pulsar GTIR... So make me change my mind lol!

weaveworx":idfd9cgs said:
At the mo though, Im on the verge of a Pulsar GTIR... So make me change my mind lol!
cracking motor. I wanted one when i was young :lol:

in other words, there getting on a bit

singlespeed":15n44ylw said:
weaveworx":15n44ylw said:
cracking motor. I wanted one when i was young :lol:

in other words, there getting on a bit

i had one, amazing car, b***h to insure though

Ollie133cup":foqe2v0g said:
Going down to get these made and fitted in 2 weeks.

Price for the kit is looking now towards £2000.

Gains they are aiming for is 40bhp plus, so you would be looking at 170bhp in a Twingo!!

To avoid cutting of the bonnet we are going to have to use short ram pipes and also looks like moving the water bottle . More info soon.

Do you already have it back?

I'd love these but these are out of reach for couple years :( exhaust , coilies, maybe cams first for me then tbif give good gain :p

Indeed these arent going to happen , to much cost involved . £3000 for throttles without management and mapping just aint worth it.

Still it might happen in the future but tbh not enough people want them to drive the price down.

Ollie133cup":3gydmui0 said:
Indeed these arent going to happen , to much cost involved . £3000 for throttles without management and mapping just aint worth it.

Still it might happen in the future but tbh not enough people want them to drive the price down.
Unfortunate. But a sencible move realy.

Rods, low comp forged pistons and a turbo conversion would be much more cost effective for a higher output development project. Or the now tested transplant route.

Or, just enjoy it as it stands :cool:

Exactly, but i will still be having Itbs. Just using available bits etc.. So will be one off instead of produced by At power.

I'd love to have some, but the cost is just far too much to justify for that gain, and the cost compared to the cost of the car is quite scary.

Surely be far cheaper as Neil said to drop the car off at say RS Tuning and have a 225 lump whacked in there

We shall see, Hopefully by the start of show season 2013 I shall have a set of ITB's set up on the car. But that won't be the At power bad boys unfortunately.

How much work can you do yourself?

I assume in your field you'll be handy with a spanner lol. My ambition outweighs my technical knowledge and ability with a spanner unfortunately :(

maggi112":1b1stfje said:
How much work can you do yourself?

I assume in your field you'll be handy with a spanner lol. My ambition outweighs my technical knowledge and ability with a spanner unfortunately :(

Shall be doing a lot of the work myself , and some friends who work in Motorsport have offered there assistance too.

I will keep my progress thread update once updates start to happen :D

So you're gonna get the most from this engine then. Be good to see.

I was thinking I could hand it to someone and hand over some cash and have something like that, but I'd rather have a Clio v6 or something :lol: