Bad earth

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesleyyy

Reaction score
Sorry if it's been posted before but a search didnt turn anything up 👎 could anybody tell me where the main earth's are on the twingo rs please? I'm having an issue with headlights/engine, driving at night my headlights will go dim.. just for a fraction of a second followed by a stutter from the engine, also the o/s/r sidelight will dim in sync when using the indicator, has anybody got a fix for this or can at least point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance 👍

The battery may be on the way out,the plates may be touching intermittently, I had a brand new bosch battery fitted once ,and within a couple of days the car lost all electric ,and died instantly ,it had to be picked up, and relayed to my local garage,where they diagnosed that the battery had a short circuit in it ,(plates touching ) and was dead,even though it was brand new ? It was replaced free of charge.
As for earthing points, I know there is one under the front wheel arch splash guard,towards the front of the car,just above the horn, on the drivers side,I don't know what it is for ,but I noticed it recently,when I had the splash guard off.

That sounds like a ball ache with your battery situation 🤦🏼‍♂️ I'll get it checked at the local garage, as for the earth.. I'll have a look at that one you mentioned on the driver's side tomorrow, I know there's one from the negative terminal to the chassis, but I also thought theres usually a gearbox to chassis? but when I pulled the passenger splash guard out yesterday mine doesn't have it. Thanks for the reply dude

Couple years back I got stuck in the snow but after a couple back and forths managed to save myself.
However, car didn't start after that anymore. I managed to start my car by pushing it and drive it to the mechanic. It ran OK, but electronics were funky and giving me a nice light show. It was found out that earth point connecting beneath a transmition was heavily corroded and my back and forth in snow finally snapped it off. Replaced that connection and all was back to normal.