Bad Sounds Front and Back - Renault cannot Help

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balero

Reaction score
hello everyone,

please excuse my bad english.

I'm Chris from Germany and it's about my 2011, see signature.

there is noise. one on the rear axle. this noise sounds like a creaking, just like in automatic vehicles when they want to pull away from the brakes. you can also provoke the noise by rocking the spoiler up and down. The noise sometimes comes when getting in and out. but not always.

the main problem is the front axle. here there is a dull rumble when you steer to the left or right, sometimes a cracking noise. when the load changes, there is now a metallic noise on the front.

I know it can be anything when it comes to issues like this.

but my local Garage and Dealer don't know what to do, that's why I signed up here.

They have replaced the following:

Transmission (Gear Box complete)
Wheel bearing
rive shaft
shock absorber and strut bearing at the rear shock absorber, springs and strut bearing at the front
ball joint
Track adjusted several times, etc.

hey don't know what to do anymore, and I don't feel like it anymore and I don't have the money anymore.

nothing can be seen from below, everything is tight, nothing is loose.

I've come to terms with it, the car drives great, only the noises annoy me.

does anyone have any advice? A great Idea?

Hello, I'm currently having rear suspension problems with my 2010 Twingo II . Whilst driving the other day, I suddenly heard a loud bang followed by some squeaking at the back. The car still seemed to drive ok though. When I returned home & checked later, I found that in fact, both rear springs had broken, thus there was metal to metal contact between the springs & the body, hence the squeaks.
Perhaps it would be worth you checking to see that you have top & bottom isolators in place on either side of your car.
as for the front, again, check for broken springs & that the rubber isolators are there. The grinding might suggest an issue with the bearing at the top of the strut, I've found these broken on Clios in the past & the Twingo has the same set-up.
Best wishes, Steve ..

Hi Steve,

thanks for your tips.

At the rear, the shock absorbers and dome bearings are new and the springs are definitely OK.

The front struts are new, and shock absorbers, springs and dome bearings.

I have to life with it...

Sorry I was unable to help !! Hope you can find the solution !!
I don't suppose you would have any old/used rear spring isolators left over from all your repair work ?
I'm really struggling to get these for my replacement rear springs !
No Renault dealers have any in the UK or France. I tried car breakers yards, but they don't have any either !!
Regards, Steve ..