battery and seatbelt light on very feintly

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glover

Reaction score
hi
drove home tonight and noticed I had two warning lights lit up , but strangely in a very dim way. The battery light was on, and also the seatbelt warning light (the one that normally goes off when fastening seatbelt, in my case it just dimmed down when my seatbelt was clipped in).
The radio,speedo,rev counter etc were all lit up properly, bright and all working okay.
Ill try to do a multimeter test on the battery, but the car has been starting absolutely fine. I don't understand what could be going on to link both the battery and seatbelt warning lights & for them to be so dimly lit up

any ideas?
chris

Ive always had the spanner and an other light lit, but only very dim. Only really noticable at night.

Its definitely not unusual with renault dashes :?

oh dear Renault electrics lol

just been out and took some battery readings 12.3v with engine off and 14.2v once engine running at idle , is the second reading a little high?

But to be honest these warning lights are soo dim, I can barely see them in the day, I don't think the cars turned them on to indicate a fault to me, I think its some sort of electrical gremlin maybe?

^^^ voltage readings are spot on.

I beleive its down to a slight mismatch between components in the dash panel, from cheaper diodes etc maybe having a greater tollerance... so, one or two warnings could have an easier path to ground and light up easier than the rest.

One of mine that comes on is for the sequential gearbox/diesel water sensor ;) so im not too worried :)

a couple of my lights are on very faintly as well and only noticeable at night.

renault electrics working well like normal :)

manofhow":194undkg said:
a couple of my lights are on very faintly as well and only noticeable at night.

renault electrics working well like normal :)

+1 Spanner & Glow plug (its a petrol GT) very faintly only see at night, I was going to take the cluster apart to see if I could see how the light was getting in

singlespeed":2ic4clc9 said:
^^^ voltage readings are spot on.

I beleive its down to a slight mismatch between components in the dash panel, from cheaper diodes etc maybe having a greater tollerance... so, one or two warnings could have an easier path to ground and light up easier than the rest.

One of mine that comes on is for the sequential gearbox/diesel water sensor ;) so im not too worried :)

by diodes do you think these have leds fitted?
I was hoping it was just normal bulbs as , that way I could remove them, its annoying when passengers point out theres two warning lights on lol
So it sounds like replacing the instrument cluster might maybe be a proper fix, I wonder how much this would cost.... I wonder if theres much programming needed

If anything, I'd either live with it (like I have been) or, pull it out and send if off for a repair job. That way, there wouldnt be a need for reprogramming or the possibilities of fitting a new one with a light or two glowing too :?

Lift off the dash cover. Undo a couple of torq screws. Undo plug.

Ive used this place for a brake module repair and knew that they did clusters. Turns out the twingo is now one oc them...
https://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Renault-Twingo-2007-New-instrument-cluster-A2C53124435-8200387578

that website looks very promising, ill keep it in my favorites. didn't realise there was a recognised problem with the twingo instrument cluster lights , leading to display failiure. cheers

tonight the two rogue lights have flashed on and off a few times ,and at the moment are off - got a feeling it wont be for long

So pleased I found this thread :) just picked up a 2011 FF Cup and noticed the engine warning light and electrical system light glowing very faintly whilst I was sitting outside in the dark waiting for a friend with the engine running.

Lights stay dim stationary, driving at low or higher speed and only go off once the car is off entirely. I checked the battery voltage (running) and it's pretty much exactly the same as everyone elses above (14.2v)

I was just going down the route of something starting to break down, creating a weak earth somewhere.......but reading this I now know it's the display components (which saves me a whole load of effort)

Cheers people from 2014 lol