BC BR coil overs

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owain

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking to put my RS 133 cup pack on coil overs thinking of dropping 25 mm has anyone experienced Any tyre rubbing or issues with this height I'm running 205 tyres any info much appreciated.

Many thanks

Owain

Owain":2qt162hx said:
Hi guys I'm looking to put my RS 133 cup pack on coil overs thinking of dropping 25 mm has anyone experienced Any tyre rubbing or issues with this height I'm running 205 tyres any info much appreciated.

Many thanks

Owain

-25mm drop from stock height chances are quite low with a 195 tyre (i used all the time) , but with a 205 it can rub a little bit but it wont hurt ;)

GhostZ":x1mefo5u said:
Owain":x1mefo5u said:

Many thanks

Owain

-25mm drop from stock height chances are quite low with a 195 tyre (i used all the time) , but with a 205 it can rub a little bit but it wont hurt ;)

Thank you, I'm getting new tyres anyway so do you think I should opt for the 195s, what's the ride like with the coil overs?

Cheers

Owain":3q0ht4qs said:
GhostZ":3q0ht4qs said:
Owain":3q0ht4qs said:

Many thanks

Owain

Thank you, I'm getting new tyres anyway so do you think I should opt for the 195s, what's the ride like with the coil overs?

Cheers

i have ST suspension coilovers they are much more comfortable than the standard cup suspension , but the BC racing coilovers you can play with the dampening adjustability on this brand and this is an extra if you find it to soft or to hard ;)

you can choose 195's but they tend to be more expensive then the 205's

GhostZ":1wudc3xg said:
Owain":1wudc3xg said:
GhostZ":1wudc3xg said:
Owain":1wudc3xg said:

Many thanks

Owain

Cheers

i have ST suspension coilovers they are much more comfortable than the standard cup suspension , but the BC racing coilovers you can play with the dampening adjustability on this brand and this is an extra if you find it to soft or to hard ;)

you can choose 195's but they tend to be more expensive then the 205's

Sounds good then :) bit disappointed that you do get rubbing with the 205s though as the 195s are £50 more for four

25mm drop is an inch. that's not going to be very noticeable to be honest, well to the untrained eye anyway. have a look at singlespeeds progress / project thread. he has those coilovers on, not too sure what height he is lowered by but the stance on his 133 is just about perfect for fast road and track. also looks pretty aggressive! and is certainly more than 25mm!

My cup alloys have 205/40/17 rubber on. The rubber width and overall diameter is bigger than the Speed line or Grid wheels which both have 195/50/15 but they all rub occasionally over large bumps. The Cups due to the tyre size and the 15's due to less offset so they stick out more.

I have the ride height set with the 12mm spacer fitted to the rrear. Adding the additional 6mm goes too high and I found having just the 6mm spacer fitted was too low Front end is now set to give the same chassis rake as original but was previously lower.