Best way to get the silver polish & black look back?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony1664

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has successfully had a set of wheels with the OEM polished silver face and inner part black restored when a 2nd hand dealer has done a poor spray job with silver paint? Would really like to get the wheels on the 1.6 Wind Collection back to how they should look when it left the factory.

Get them resprayed and polished professionally or take them in and see if they could polish them up.

It could depend on whether they had any deeper scrapes filled before being sprayed.

They would need stripping, spraying black, then machine turned to skim the face back to get it bright and shiney. Then a coat of laquer, which needs to be well applied otherwise it will start to peel at the first opportunity

If there's any deep gouges in the rim, you may need to weld in metal first before they can be skimmed.

Pristine Alloy wheels have done very good work with diamond cut rims before.

Cheers, there are no deep dings from what I can see and the inside rear of the wheels are still black. I got a chap to repainted my (whispers) Mondeo ST wheels but don't think he does machine skim stuff. Will have a search around and see who I can find in the North West