Bilstein B14 Info Please

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is the distance between the bolts, so there are two options or the bilstein has to create an adaptor or they have to create a new product with different part number.
https://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=49936
That store sell the kit for all twingos (even the rs) but the code is the same with the kit for the twingo gt. That is not a new product. They have an adaptor include or they say that it is ok because you can made a custom one.
Contact with your dealer an tell him to sent an email to ask the bilstein (or you can sent to them but I believe that they will answer to the dealer more responsible)

Well the thing is my dealer said he got it confirmed from Bilstein that it will fit. He could not tell me whether the thing comes with some sort of adapter or not and frankly that's the only thing I want to know. Unfortunately he's been slightly uncooperative ever since I asked him about the adapter and I didn't get my answer. I've compared the prices and homologation numbers and it doesn't make sense to me either. Not to mention this kit has been on and off in Bilstein online catalogue as available/not available for the Twingo RS.

I'm trying to keep this topic alive so that I could make it easier for any future buyers not to burn themselves by ordering the kit and finding out it won't fit or that they'll have to make a custom adapter. I'll make one if that's what it takes, but I would love to know the contents of the kit. My dealer also sent me a picture which looks pretty much the same as the old picture for the Twingo GT did, but it came straight from Bilstein and had "Twingo RS 2013_update" written on the side of it. Perhaps they changed something, perhaps they didn't. If you and anyone else would be so kind to ask at their local dealer whether this is a revamped version of the old kit or not, that would be great.

I'll try to send as many emails as possible around and see what answers I get, but if there is anyone willing to help me out, please post it here.

Good hunting :cool:

there is R1 bilstein

my dealer say they are really good (me I went for the R2 seting )
but you cannot adjust height

anyway
if my budget was limited I will deffinetly go for them

mazmaz":3h6ywvis said:
there is R1 bilstein

anyway

That is great! Could you be more specific, so there is an R1 kit from Bilstein but it is not ride height adjustable? Is that correct?

Could you please post some product codes or something? If you could list the product codes + prices you would help a lot.

Matthias":1g7ee0j7 said:
mazmaz":1g7ee0j7 said:
there is R1 bilstein

anyway

That is great! Could you be more specific, so there is an R1 kit from Bilstein but it is not ride height adjustable? Is that correct?

Could you please post some product codes or something? If you could list the product codes + prices you would help a lot.
I beleive the R1 suspension was based on the Mk2 Clio Trophy, which had Sachs adjustable dampers. Although, the Trophy had the damper adjuster pinned into place, so it was effectively fixed damping. Sadly, the Trophy dampers are no longer avaliable from Renault as replacement parts. However...

As they were originally production car dampers (although only for a short production run), they could be substituted onto the R1 rally car, hence being avaliable from the rally cars. The Sachs units below are un-pinned and have new part numbers :cool:

I hope your sitting down :eek:
7711167414 Front left damper £636.94
7711167413 front right damper £636.94
7711167203 (x2) front spring £118.75 each
7711162895 (x2) Front ARB clamp £56.37 each
7711167201 (x2) Rear damper £172.47 each
7711167202 (x2) Rear spring £118.71 each

Holy Cow! No way I'm going for that, easy decision :lol: Sorry you had to repost those numbers Neil, I remember you did post them somewhere before. Anyhow, we are back to where we were :?

I will order the kit eventually, but before that I want to know the contents of it. Please notice that the price has gone up from around 750€ to around 890€ and that could mean they changed something. If anyone is friends with some Bilstein dealer then please ask him about the kit ;)

The AST coilovers for the Mk2 Clio, fit both 54mm and 60mm bolt spacing of non-cup, cup, Trophy etc. I'm not saying it is, but maybe the Bilstein B14 design is now the same or simillar

Matthias":2re38qk4 said:
mazmaz":2re38qk4 said:
there is R1 bilstein

anyway

yes

actually I cannot acces any more to online catalogue cause my old computer crach (and only old computer work here)

but if you access to R1 catalogue maybe you could found them
but I know sometime it's not at all update so you have to email renault sport directly to found reference and price

singlespeed":3tf7gfgj said:
Matthias":3tf7gfgj said:
mazmaz":3tf7gfgj said:
there is R1 bilstein

anyway

I beleive the R1 suspension was based on the Mk2 Clio Trophy, which had Sachs adjustable dampers. Although, the Trophy had the damper adjuster pinned into place, so it was effectively fixed damping. Sadly, the Trophy dampers are no longer avaliable from Renault as replacement parts. However...

R1 2013 are now on bilstein

you can find lot of front SACHS second hand that came from twingo R1 cause they are no more the R1 one so team just sell them

for rear it was just twingo rs cup

now it's full bilstein front and rear

édit : not sur for the front, rear it's sure

Okay, so the R1 are now running on Bilstein B14 or is it a custom kit. Mazmaz do you have a product code or something we could use for the reference?

Matthias":2rakdpgg said:
Won't work on my computer either :? Can anyone else check it out?
Dimitris85":2rakdpgg said:
Mine also can not open it :cry:
Don't worry, it just shows the same numbers that I posted above, but, in French and with a Euro price>>
Référence: 7711167414
Désignation: Amortisseur AVG
Unité de Vente: 001
Prix de vente (HT): 727.69€

Thanks Neil, I think those prices are ridiculous and they probably weren't updated, so they are again of no use :(

If there is anyone from the UK that could get on the phone with Bilstein UK and ask them about the kit, that would be great. I tried Slovenian one and I posted what he told me. I could use at least one more confirmation or at least some piece of information for the cross-reference.

Thanks in advance

Not long off the telephone with Lewis from Bilstein Sales UK.

He confirmed that they have had several enquiries about their B14 kit for the RS Twingo. One of which was Kam Racing, which we knew about :) Although, no one has actually tried a set to see if they will fit and work so they can't recommend them for the Twingo.

The ones for Clio 182 cup. PtNo 47-217706 specify for 60mm bolt spacing so they should fit on the hub carrier. This part number has replaced 47-225367 (I don't know what changed).

I'm going to send my Cup dampers down for them to measure the brackets, closed and extended lengths as well as the damping rates. I'll also send Lewis the link to the Madeno kit as he said theres many in country specials, made for different suppliers which haven't been approved for worldwide distribution so they don't show in catalogues... That should reveal something :)

Nice one Neil! I think by sending them the Twingo RS CUP suspension should give them the idea of what to do. In all honesty, those 182 CUP B14's should be made to fit without too many problems. Perhaps they will make an adapter during the Winter and we could be able to get the thing before Spring! Will keep a close eye on the progress, I know I'm bothering you Neil, but please keep us posted ;)

So they changed an item within the B14 kit for 182? So you sent out an email to Madeno Racing and bunch of others to see whether they have an adaptor already made and could be sold with the kit in the near future?

Hoping for the best possible solution!