Bilstein B14 Info Please

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Greek dealer of Bilstein ( the official importer of Bilstein products) answer me that in their catalogues there is no available the B14 for the twingo rs and also that there is not any adapter :cry:
The hope is on UK ( here the twingo and especially the rs are very few) :!:

Matthias":cfc8lwqy said:
Thanks Neil, I think those prices are ridiculous and they probably weren't updated, so they are again of no use :(

If there is anyone from the UK that could get on the phone with Bilstein UK and ask them about the kit, that would be great. I tried Slovenian one and I posted what he told me. I could use at least one more confirmation or at least some piece of information for the cross-reference.

Thanks in advance

Yep
ref seem's not update price feet with OEM rear damper and SACH front damper

but it will we be probably around the same for front and a bit more for rear

édit :

on my R1 pdf I v got 77 11 162 964 for the read damper

so maybe it's really ref for R1 2013
seem's quite cheap for me
and the rear spring are OEM cause sames ref ( 77 11 167 202 )
So don't need to buy them again

Ok so i contacted an official supplier of Bilstein in Belgium and they said there is no Bilstein kit (or eibach) for an RS cause the demand is not high enough to make one and the one you find on the internet that say the B14 for the Twingo is for the normal models so GT's can fit this and other models but NOT AN RS 1.6

if you do want the Bilstein B14 kit you have to make adapter brackets for it to fit an RS so it will be not original and not TUV certified then .... (cause you modified it to make it fit)

The only hope i can wait for is K-tec i talked with Dave @FCS 2013 (i think that was his name .... he was like the main engineering guy of k-tec ) he said it is on our TO DO list of the Twingo RS parts list but it is at the very bottom .... also there has to be demand for it , i certainly would buy it but if they just take the original B14 for the standard twingo and then make some funky adapters to just make it fit and say "it will do the job" then i will not buy a kit cause it is not designed for the car then ...

Well I got the answer straight from Bilstein HQ in Germany yesterday and they said there isn't one piece of Bilstein equipment that would fit Twingo RS, not even for the rally use! So this sort of answers the ultimate question: "Will it fit?" :(

They did give me some sort of diplomatic answer at the end by saying it's on their to-do list, but they can't give me a time frame or any details at all. So this is - unfortunately - it :( They'll probably, if ever, make it in 2016 when it's no good. I can't believe they keep saying that there isn't enough demand. How do they know? A lot of people keep saying they would buy them in a heartbeat, including me! This forum represents only a small group of all Twingo RS owners. Oh well, I'm sad.

Ok so there seems some interest but we do not live all in the same country would a sort of petition maybe speed things up a little if we get our official names down and country we live in ?

i know this will not make the Bilstein kit for the RS today but will it speed up things i don't know i have no experience with this but i think its worth a try maybe ...

The R1 set up and the ast are too expensive but I believe that the weitec and the KW are good options. :)

Dimitris85":3rmr68pm said:
The R1 set up and the ast are too expensive but I believe that the weitec and the KW are good options. :)

I have heard some people have had issues with weitec, I was going to go for them but BC Racing coilovers were suggested and I have only seen good reviews so that's what I'm going for

Weitec is a Sister Company by KW and AP bought license to sell the older Comstruction from KW ....so its all the same and yes 99% of all customers have issues with a knocking sounds on bumpy roads.

Twingogangster83":1gml2xgv said:
Weitec is a Sister Company by KW and AP bought license to sell the older Comstruction from KW ....so its all the same and yes 99% of all customers have issues with a knocking sounds on bumpy roads.

I have knocking on mine at the rear so will take them off and refit when I have a choice, also the rear isn't even although the adjusters are both on the lowest setting, I'm putting this down to more weight is on the drivers rear as the fuel tank is there hence it's lower but again I'm unsure and need to email weitec.

I think it comes down to spring rates, Bilsteins for the Twingo GT are probably different to those that would be suitable for the RS version. However Clio II 182 CUP Bilsteins should be suitable as Twingo RS and 182 share a lot of suspension components. Perhaps we could write down a list of people interested in buying the K-Tec adaptor for the 182 coilovers. I don't think it would take them much time and they really could make it a priority on their list as there is virtually nothing suspension-wise available for the Twingo RS. Is anyone down with that? The adaptor itself shouldn't cost too much and with Bilstein dealer available in every county people could buy the kits themselves and order the adaptor from K-Tec. I think that would be a good deal. So again, put your name down if you are interested:

1. Matija Kogovsek, Slovenia

waitey":l4vbyrvr said:
I have knocking on mine at the rear so will take them off and refit when I have a choice, also the rear isn't even although the adjusters are both on the lowest setting, I'm putting this down to more weight is on the drivers rear as the fuel tank is there hence it's lower but again I'm unsure and need to email weitec.

I have the same problems! Very knocky and the drivers rear is a few mm lower than passenger rear. Like you I put it down to the fuel tank and added weight on that side.

Any of you have fitted these Bilstein B14 in last years?
Searching for a good coilover set and thinking of these :

https://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/bilstein-b14-coilover-kit-twingo-2rs.html

Pure can deliver them. Partnummer (47-239883) is correct according to the Bilstein site, ( https://web1.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx?32=26652&51=17100169985&55=47-239883&1131=1&1271=48&1272=2634ed18-db3f-4d79-9507-95f280101de3&1273=1&1276=1&35=171&36=190&124=190&14=4&34=0,101830&1146=190&1105=1&10=7CA3379FA74F473C8E8619512C1843F5018004&12=140) but I'm missing the mounting of stab 's on the picture of Pure...