Brake lights switch - help please

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EpsomJames

Reaction score
I've just noticed (after 3 months of owning the car) that the brake lights on my 133 only come on when the brake pedal is pressed hard to the floor. With light to moderate braking they don't! :shock:

I've no idea how that passed the MOT done just before I bought the car and I'm currently counting myself lucky I haven't been rear ended, particularly in the recent wet weather we've been having in the UK.

Can anyone give me pointers on where the switch is (I'm assuming on the brake pedal arm) and how to adjust it?

Many thanks.

it is adustable, but it's not supposed to be adustable. uh, i'll pm you with a detailed how to. check your mail, it's in your inbox

it looks like this
T2e_C16_ZHJGQE9no_Mb_w_UBR_t_STWEU_60_35.jpg

I have these instructions provided by Oscar (sadly the hosted photos that came with them have gone)

1. hold your pedal down.

2. Then with your other hand, twist the switch off (counter clockwise) to remove it from the hole

3. Then if you grab the switch plunger on the end and push the plunger itself, it will click, let go and push again.. it will click again. Inside it alters a plastic shaft type ratchet system, to reset it, pull the plunger out and it will click out altogether.

After every setting, place the switch back in the hole (holding pedal down when you do so it will sit properly) and test your switch by tapping your pedal with your hand and looking to the back of your car at the lamps.

If it's not working straight away repeat step 3.

The panel in front of the pedal pops off for easier access.