Brake upgrade advice for track days!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They certainly look the dogs danglies Dave ;) Did you use the Clio adaptors or just fab some direct?

The Brembo calipers will not be an instant upgrade. I will certainly be going the suggested route above with HC and possibly RC6's and SS lines but in the long term I will be looking to go Brembo's and hope convince the OP he needs to too. :lol: But the OP is also about to get a Megane Cup with lots of mods for track days :evil:

Clio adaptors, basically the same hubs. Just waiting on custom brake lines to be made. I'm staying at 280 mm discs, possibly need some wheel spacers as the caliper now sticks out quite far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrbushrat":147suf43 said:
I would imagine that 4pots on a 133 is a bit of over kill. The calipers are not changing for the r1 rally cars and if they stop a mk3 laguna they will stop a Twingo. I have brembo hc discs and ss brake lines to go on still unsure about pads. Look for 172 discs as the ones listed for a 133 are usually more expensive even though it's the same disc.
This is the same brake setup I have with ds2500 pads. I haven't got much track experience but my brakes haven't let me down yet.