Brakes (Pads and Discs)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Have a feeling i may need to be changing these soon. Anyone got performance pads and discs or any recommendatons?

grooved discs offered by ktecs package work really great, green stuff about the same as o.e.m. red stuff at back are great but will start to wreck o.e.m soft discs after about 10miles.
best upgrades, braided lines and racing brake fluid as they will boil on track, and ducting to cool them :)

Im wondering if you go the cliosport owner way genuine oads in aftermarket discs

thought id post this up. old man went hunting and a company does conversion kits for the mk2 clio, big and small disc size;
https://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/Conversion ... 0%20B4.htm
i've asked them for a quote on the whole kit which is quite a bit, but most likely when i get around to changing mine i'll just by the 4-pots at 195 each and the brackets, think those disc sizes are a bit to extreme unless a high pressure turbo goes in the car

Any ideas if the HiSpecs for the Clio 2 are a straight swap for the 133??

Been looking at them for ages wanting something that's a straight swap and not have to spend another £200 getting someone to fab new mounts for the calipers...

Cheers

M

The front pads are from a Laguna 3 1.5 diesel from memory front discs Clio 172/182 and the rear brakes are from a Megane 2 1.6

hope that helps

Cheers, I already got that much :D It's a hot topic on several forums.

I was more thinking for Disc/Caliper offset, mounting bracket dimensions...that kinda thing.

If the Clio 2 has the same Caliper and disc offset as the 133 then these SHOULD, bolt straight on.... :idea:

M

Hmmm couldn't say as I'm not sure might be easyer to by a used 172 caliper and try to fit it

hi-tech want to see the car first before giving a yes to a straight swop but where guessing no, not only just slightly. as its mixing a few cars together it shouldnt be a straight swop as the clios didnt uses megane capi's (i believe but on the new RS's they do). most likely a new bracket would be needed and its all done, capi should fit as its designed to fit the same disc. i aint gonna be seeing them for a while so might want to give them a shout your self and see.

the Twingo R variant uses standard disks from the RS. That tells you how good they are.

I think ill keep the OEM discs and use After market pads when mine need doing

Twingogeekeo":1l2vq85h said:
I think ill keep the OEM discs and use After market pads when mine need doing

The R uses Carbon Lorraine pads and uprated fluid. I'm still waiting on Ferrodos - anyone know if they've actually got around to sorting out DS2500s?

Erm not that i know of but also my contact left them so cant even ask him nomore :(

Twingogeekeo":37wtqg9n said:
Erm not that i know of but also my contact left them so cant even ask him nomore :(

Standards for now. They do the job pretty well :cool: