Buying a Twingo GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again, that'll probably explain why I couldn't find it...

LC - If you have the wires too then I assume they must be there for some reason, anyone got any insight on that?

Didge3":34hv0cbh said:
Thanks again, that'll probably explain why I couldn't find it...

LC - If you have the wires too then I assume they must be there for some reason, anyone got any insight on that?

yeah dom / LC, i think you guys are right that it will be a sub or amplifier of some sort sitting under the drivers seat or passengers seat?
Thick yellow wire is constant live, blue is ignition, black is earth etc etc so it appears to be wired into an ignition source so if you want to stick in a sub you've got all of the work done

Well I go to pick the car up tomorrow and I've been looking up what gadgets it may come with that I missed on the test drive. I've read up on auto wipers and lights, this on all GT models or were they optional extras?
Also heard about there being a iPod connection in the glovebox, can't say I noticed it but wasn't looking for it, again, an optional extra or standard on all GT's?

Thanks

dom i can't actually remember from the top of my head, what i do know however is that the GT i have has all of the gadgets so i suppose that was the 'top' of the range in that aspect. it has the aux connection in the glove box, which was some optional audio pack of sorts although i couldn't tell you the specific name of the individual 'packs' lol. also has auto lights, and auto wipers. the auto lights you need to play with the stalk by turning them on and off again quick or something like that ... truth be told i've never used them, probably never will ... i mean what sort of ridiculous retard needs to have a car tell them it's getting dark best put the lights on sir .... lol :p

oscar":oq313aw5 said:
dom i can't actually remember from the top of my head, what i do know however is that the GT i have has all of the gadgets so i suppose that was the 'top' of the range in that aspect. it has the aux connection in the glove box, which was some optional audio pack of sorts although i couldn't tell you the specific name of the individual 'packs' lol. also has auto lights, and auto wipers. the auto lights you need to play with the stalk by turning them on and off again quick or something like that ... truth be told i've never used them, probably never will ... i mean what sort of ridiculous retard needs to have a car tell them it's getting dark best put the lights on sir .... lol :p
In all honesty I was hoping if it does have auto lights and wipers that I could turn that off because I imagine it'll just annoy me, I've always turned my lights and wipers on and off myself, never found it to be particularly difficult :?

Not bothered about the iPod connection because I've got a good HU and speakers in my Panda that I'm hoping to swap into the Twingo at some point, if it is there it'll save me the hassle for a while though at least...

Optional extras from my memory were:

Bluetooth built in
MP3 pack so the tunepoint and the on-steering wheel controls,
cruise control (which I believe is only on the gordinis)
Auto head and wipers

All those organiser boxes and stickers

But no option for a working cup holder xD

Here's an old brochure btw quite interesting though not a lot of it came to the UK

https://www.twingo.net/nicolas/twingo5-07an.pdf

to be frank with you dom, i only found out mines had auto lights by accident. that's how silly they are to turn on. turn the lights on and off as fast as you can and your dashboard bleeps at you and you have auto lights ... i thought i'd fried my lights but later found out that was the auto head lights lol. for the auto wipers, you put that to the first on position so the first notch. they're usually quite good exept for in very light rain. deffinately better to pull out the factory stereo and put in your own head unit and speakers like you said!

as said buy oscar most GT's do have a few gadgets, heres a few off the top of my head:

-auto lights and wipers (as said before) these functions can be turned off.
-aux connection in the glove box
- electrical glass sunroof quite cool but i think this was a optional extra
-follow me home lights
-rear speakers (yes not all twingo's have them)
-auto climate control

oh and a turbo!!lol
hope you find a great GT and enjoy it as much as i do mine!

mikehealy5":2g9f7a35 said:
as said buy oscar most GT's do have a few gadgets, heres a few off the top of my head:

-auto lights and wipers (as said before) these functions can be turned off.
-aux connection in the glove box
- electrical glass sunroof quite cool but i think this was a optional extra
-follow me home lights
-rear speakers (yes not all twingo's have them)
-auto climate control

oh and a turbo!!lol
hope you find a great GT and enjoy it as much as i do mine!

You forgot the tweeters in the dash, not all twingos have them IIRC.

Oh the sunroof is awesome! I had many a burnt face with that bad boy open!

Thanks for the info guys. As far as I can establish all GT's (if not most) have an AUX connection but only certain models have a USB for iPods/iPhones?

Had a right laugh at that Twingo brochure, "feisty, practical and connected", so impressed Renault :D

Didge3":3so7y9me said:
Thanks for the info guys. As far as I can establish all GT's (if not most) have an AUX connection but only certain models have a USB for iPods/iPhones?

Had a right laugh at that Twingo brochure, "feisty, practical and connected", so impressed Renault :D

if I get time tomorrow (and remember) il take a pic of the connections in the glove box for you and post it on here.

mikehealy5":1d5eoih8 said:
if I get time tomorrow (and remember) il take a pic of the connections in the glove box for you and post it on here.

Thanks, that'd be handy :D

Didge3":3o2t9sfc said:

Mine doesn't have them it was specific to the MP3 pack which I believe was about £299 as an extra

Has the glass roof but no climate control ( I believe the panels totally different on the cars with the this ) looks a lot cooler

My gt doesn't have climate control? Sunroof, or USB in the glovebox

Well I'm glad we've figured this out, mine doesn't have climate control, just plain A/C. Can't say if it has AUX in but I doubt it, I think the owner from new didn't put any options on it, would imagine its a stock GT.

Didge3":ge8dj0yy said:
Well I'm glad we've figured this out, mine doesn't have climate control, just plain A/C. Can't say if it has AUX in but I doubt it, I think the owner from new didn't put any options on it, would imagine its a stock GT.
Less too go wrong just swap the HU :)