Calipers won’t wind back

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broomie699

Reaction score
So yesterday I started changing my discs and pads. Drivers side went smooth. Got to the passenger side, calipers came off fine, disc went on perfect. I don’t have a wind back tool but I’ve used a vase the past 4 times and worked fine. Anyways I can get the actual piston to wind back enough to fit a pad on that side but for some reason I can’t get the rail to move on the other side. It’s really stiff!!! I couldn’t actually fit both new pads in as one pad was overhanging where the disc slots in. I’m not sure what’s going on. I’ve ended up putting a half worn pad back on that side as well as a new one (temp) does anybody have an idea what the issue is??

So what bits actually stuck? Hard to work it out haha! Is this piston all the way back? If you’ve got any pictures that would be good

Dave_133":z4tb8ygu said:
So what bits actually stuck? Hard to work it out haha! Is this piston all the way back? If you’ve got any pictures that would be good
Hard to explain mate. I have wound the piston back as far as st as it goes. Picture the slot in the calipers where the disc sits. I can fit a new brack pad on the piston side of the disc. But where the rail (end of the other side of caliper) is I can’t get it to go back enough to fit a new pad in without it hitting the disc. I don’t have a photo of it

5a54c4e3a024232eba241b15f9b30479.jpg

Are the sliders in the carrier both free then? Maybe that’s not letting you pull the caliper all the way forward to fit it in

Don’t suppose you could edit that pic roughly