Carbon Fiber Vinyl - Deep Gloss Effect

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone found a Carbon Fiber vinyl with a deep gloss effect?

I know the 3M stuff is the s**t but it's textured and semi matt and I was looking for something that was a good comparison for fully pregnated carbon.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

M

I don't believe you can get any better than 3M Di-Noc really... That's the most realistic you'll get.

One method I've seen used is using the 3M vinyl and then spraying lacquer on top to give it a gloss effect... Something worth looking into?

Possibly Matt.

Just wondering how many coats of Clear Coat it will take...

Also, I'm looking at doing the bit of Vinyl between the door and rear window, front numberplate recess and maybe the spoiler, roof and rear valance..and my rear strut brace once I get the endplates made up.

Also my thinking but alot of it looks cheap and nasty, not so bad on interior, but exterior wouldn't go too well methinks...

M

If you lacquer vinyl (carbon effect or otherwise) it simply goes black, it does not give a finish comparable to genuine composites in anyway.

Hope thisd helps and saves you the heartache and hassle

bic

Vinyl will never compare to the real deal but I've lacquered 3M Di-Noc and it does make the apperance better (and not black...).

Post some pics up of what you acheived Matt, the samples I saw were horrific !