Central ArmRest

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monster Detail":zmnwmmfq said:
You should get that back if you paid through PayPal.

Except that the only way to get the correct amount there is to send it as a gift - which isn't covered. It's a risk that I have taken before, and haven't lost yet.

Twingogeekeo":3k6jg7rp said:
Araf":3k6jg7rp said:
Twingogeekeo":3k6jg7rp said:
HigtonA":3k6jg7rp said:
I wonder if Karl can find anything.... :)

Doesnt come up with on for a RS but if i put a GT in it shows 7711419669

Can you tell us what the UK price for them is please?

RRP £132.26.

Blimey. Surely that can't be the same one then?

Just had an update from Germany - checking my address was complete and telephone number. I hope that means they are ready to ship. :)

Armrest from www.lzparts.de arrived today. It all looks very straight forward, so I'm just crossing my fingers that it will fit in a Wind. If not, then I'll be selling it on here.

Total cost including delivery to the UK was €91.86 which is probably around £80 ish.

can you show a pic when fitted? Even though I said before that wanting an armrest in a RS for more comfort is kinda heresy.. I'm wondering how it looks

MovingShadow":ya96efw5 said:
can you show a pic when fitted? Even though I said before that wanting an armrest in a RS for more comfort is kinda heresy.. I'm wondering how it looks

Yes, I'll post up when it's done. :)

All done. :)

I did try doing it with the seats in place, but it doesn't work. You can't trim the carpet, and you'd never get to where you need to screw in two screws on the Wind - maybe the Twingo would be different.

So, 1/ Seats out.

5 Torx 40 bolts - there's two at the rear of the runners nearest the centre of the car. You then need to tilt the whole seat backwards, to get to the plug for the airbags and pre-tensioners. Pull the yellow side out of the plug, and the block splits. You can then lift the whole seat out, leaving the seat belt attached to the car. DO NOT turn the ignition on, while the seats are out. I didn't try, but on a previous car, it triggered the airbag warning light, and this had to be reset by a dealer.

With the seats out, trim the carpet and fit the front and rear plates. You'll need a 10mm socket to undo the nuts, and then bolt the mounting plates back down. The instructions in the box are very good.

carpettrimpassengerside.jpg

After that, it's just a case of popping the armrest over the hand brake, and bolting it down with the 4 Torx 25 self-tappers supplied.

armrestin.jpg

Refit the seats (remembering to plug the seats back in), and the job is done. The armrest is in just the right place for me. :)

armrestfinished.jpg

Dazza1":jv7hb8qk said:
Umm looks good that. Will it fit in a rs tho or just the wind

It's a Twingo part. I thought it was more of a risk trying to put it in a Wind, but as they share the same floor, it went in fine.

Araf":3rg006um said:
They are comfy, and hold you in well. No good for a Twingo though, as they don't fold forward. :p
Don't need to fold forward if you take the back seats out :p
Might have to get me an armrest and have ago as I do like them

That looks really good, well designed by the looks of it compared to some you can get that u have to drill into your seats etc.