Central ArmRest

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for measuring, just been out in gale force winds armed with a 15cm ruler haha. The gap between the two front seats is bang on 10cm/100mm. Guessing it's going to be a cushy fit

markhardy":2zq2nhm5 said:
Cheers for measuring, just been out in gale force winds armed with a 15cm ruler haha. The gap between the two front seats is bang on 10cm/100mm. Guessing it's going to be a cushy fit

You don't want big gaps. ;)

Don't forget, an interference fit can brush backwards and forwards - as long as it doesn't snag. The armrest is waisted, so the centre part gives a bit more room than the two extremes meaning it won't catch. :)

I know, big gaps would look silly.

What do you mean by the armrest is waisted? Google translate it so hard to use haha, it would be easier to learn german. The sentence structures are just completely different

markhardy":sy7ggwwt said:
What do you mean by the armrest is waisted?

singlespeed":sy7ggwwt said:
The old definition of waisted would be thinner/narrower in the middle.

Old? Old definition? FFS some of you make me feel really old on here sometimes. :lol:

As far as I know, 'waisted' is still a current term!

Haha. I knew what you meant but wanted to make sure.

With ordering through eBay and using PayPal, they've despatched it this morning already and give me the tracking number!

markhardy":lcc05zly said:
Haha. I knew what you meant but wanted to make sure.

With ordering through eBay and using PayPal, they've despatched it this morning already and give me the tracking number!
Hurry up already I want one but would rather know if it fits first.

Yeah it looks the same, it's the same one as Araf has in his wind.
I found the part on their shop on german ebay. I simply copied the listing number into uk ebay and pressed search and there it was. The price and shipping is in english but the description is obviously still in german. The listing number to type in the search bar on ebay.co.uk is 270893449120. It should be here by Tuesday anyway so I'll put a photo on when I've installed it.

Awesome thanks. I look forward to the pics and possibly end up buying one. Also let us know how long it takes and if its a pain in the rear

It has arrived today :D 7 days in total it has taken to arrive from Germany not bad at all. I won't be fitting it for a week or two as my drivers seat is being stripped down on Monday at the dealers and I don't trust them not to damage it :( I've just been out and trial fitted it, it fits perfectly!! it matches the interior colours perfectly too

IMG_20130503_141743_zpsa2a1e0d7.jpg

IMG_20130503_141529_zps3df52fe9.jpg

Well it took two hours as I was rather careful when trimming the carpet etc. Turned out perfect. Around 2/3mm gap on either side of the armrest so the seat JUST moves freely without catching :)

I'm going to get some soft fabric material probably a sticky pad type to place on the seat belt at certain points to stop anything getting scratched when moving the seats back and forward

The only thing is on the front right (looking face on towards the back of the car) the cushion is slightly dented as you can just about make out. Only slightly. Going to apply a little bit of heat and see if I can manipulate it a bit when I can be bothered

Looks good, may have too invest in one. Problem is its a seat out job :(

Certainly not a seat out job! The armrest comes with full instructions and it's a very easy job to do.
10mm socket, stanley knife, scissors, and a t20 torx driver.

Scissors weren't really sharp enough, luckily I had a small stanley knife that was perfect for the job. I should have took more pictures but I was hungover haha.

By either having the seats slid all the way back, all the way forwards, or folded forwards, you could easily get to where you needed to.

Araf":1t3i57e7 said:
Friedchicken91":1t3i57e7 said:
Looks good, may have too invest in one. Problem is its a seat out job :(

And? :? You don't have to drive it anywhere, before you put the seat back in. ;)
It's a case off getting them out in the first place. Haven't got anywhere level enough too jack the car up and get underneath.

Mark I'm guessing you done it with the seats in then