Cheap coilovers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rang renault, they had 4 bolts but only 2 nuts :lol:
Had to order some so we'll see when they come.

So after finding out I had ANOTHER snapped suspension spring, I decided to fit the coilovers on sarurday :D
It's not very low atm but what a difference it's made! :eek: handles so much better now! And my insurance covered me lowering my car for free :D

Got a rattle from the back but I believe it's the covers for the rear dampers rattling around, so that'll have to get sorted soon as it's doing my nut in at lower speeds! Seems to go as I drive quicker? :lol:

Also the rear spring adjusters, do they go on the top or bottom? As Different people say different :?

sullii94":2xwct664 said:
Also the rear spring adjusters, do they go on the top or bottom? As Different people say different :?
Normally they fit at the top, certainly they are with Brillstein's. As for the rattle just make sure your shock is centred at the top using the bushes and the nut is tight as that could rattle.

Spitfire1":31nkef45 said:
sullii94":31nkef45 said:
Normally they fit at the top, certainly they are with Brillstein's. As for the rattle just make sure your shock is centred at the top using the bushes and the nut is tight as that could rattle.

That's good then mine are at the top! :lol: just wanted to make sure.
I'm 90% sure it's the covers as it sounds like a plasticy rattle, but I will make sure everything's centred correctly when I put it back on this weekend. The nut at the top isn't moving anywhere so I don't think it's that, it's had me swinging on it with a big spanner :lol:

Okay so I've just tried my original rear dampers and the rattle went! So it's my new dampers that's the problem! Thinking it's the top mounts I've got with them that's causing the noise tbh! Rather than the covers I said in the previous post
:oops:
Just noticed aswell that the original renault top mounts won't fit on my APs, Is it meant to be like this? I'd have thought it'd be the same size?
It seems the thread size on my APs is larger than the originals?

Been looking at powerflex rear top mounts, but unsure if they'll fit the APs!
What do people think to these?
https://www.powerflex.co.uk/black-series/product-details/Rear+Shock+Upper+Mount/11066.html