Cleaning Alloys

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtney

Reaction score
Something I'm sure we all suffer from (with the exception of the few of us with black wheels) but brake dust. What a nightmare. Went and cleaned one of the clios yesterday and the wheels were black.

So I cleaned it and it came up ok... Any ways of cleaning it easier? I used some autoglym custom wheel cleaner an alloy brush and a sponge. Took forever! I don't really want to use expensive stuff on it though!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303132209.989106.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303132209.989106.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 207
Here's an after pic... It got dark and I used my phone so not a good one!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303132396.236514.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303132396.236514.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 206
AG Custom Wheel Cleaner (contains no acid unlike the standard AG Wheel Cleaner) does the job perfectly for me but they're cleaned most weekends so not much of a chance for dirt to build up. If you're just after something that you can grab in Halfords then take a look at the Meguiars Hot Rims... I believe it contains acid (like a lot of them will do) but I've never had any problems (they wouldn't sell it if it damaged wheels) and it really shifts stuff. It easily took surface rust off my disks which is what I use it for.

Bilberry is regarded as one of the best but this is something you'd have to order.

Twingogeekeo":ie2xhw22 said:
I would get yourself some bilberry wheel cleaner.

+1

My wheels were a bit mucky when I took up Karls recommendation of Bilberry wheel cleaner and it worked a charm. It's great stuff, especially for £9 per bottle.

I don't really like the AG stuff.. Just got a free bundle with the first car I bought a couple of years ago.. No need to use it on my own wheels coz they are cleaned too often :)