cleaning virgin

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right theres no backing out now, my boss has just seen this thread and put money on the fact that i wouldnt know how to turn the pressure washer on :evil:

i might have to slip in a minute and destroy one of his cams!! :twisted: :twisted:

Twingogeekeo":35572eci said:
Also Mike NO getting the valeters to do it for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as if they will b there on a sat!!!! :p

u working sat??u can drop past and see me geting wet :lol:

Polish and wax are different things completely. The polish will buff the paint and remove minor scratches whilst filling in the deeper ones. The wax is just that.... A layer of wax over the paint to protect it and keep it shiny :)

Clay is exactly that too... A bar of clay which, with the help of a lubricant (quick detailing spray) can be rubbed along the paint surface to remove the nasties from the road and give your paint a smooth finish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TURBO":nkx16466 said:
Twingogeekeo":nkx16466 said:
Also Mike NO getting the valeters to do it for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as if they will b there on a sat!!!! :p

u working sat??u can drop past and see me geting wet :lol:

True they get there at 9 gone by 9.30 ;)

Matt":1evjwslw said:
Polish and wax are different things completely. The polish will buff the paint and remove minor scratches whilst filling in the deeper ones. The wax is just that.... A layer of wax over the paint to protect it and keep it shiny :)

Clay is exactly that too... A bar of clay which, with the help of a lubricant (quick detailing spray) can be rubbed along the paint surface to remove the nasties from the road and give your paint a smooth finish :)

iv just learnt something!!im glad i sit on here instead of working :roll:

TURBO":1y83z8k2 said:
Matt":1y83z8k2 said:

iv just learnt something!!im glad i sit on here instead of working :roll:

YOUR SACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you want me to roll the 133 round to look at what we spoke about the other day ?

TURBO":1nqc47tq said:
ok i noticed that lots of you guys spend lots of time and effort cleaning your cars and they look brilliant!!
i spend 90% of my life either driving or working on my cars and waste untold amounts of cash on them so i decided that i should prob start looking after them abit better!! :oops:
also when i make it to a meet my car may be the first one there :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but its going to look like s**t compared to all yours looking like they have just left the showroom :cool:

so im gona get some cleaning stuff and clean at least one of them this weekend!(unless it chucks it down)
thing is me being a cleaning virgin is there an order i should be doing things ....
also there is a polishing machine at work are they any good or should i be sticking to elbow grease??

I've sent you a PM, as I should be able to sort you out with some excellent detailing products, at very reasonable prices :)

Matt":348hlk2c said:

Just to add to the above, you can also use a machine to polish using a cutting polish. This will effectively remove a tiny layer of the top coat. This will actually cut back to remove the effect of swirling on the paint. You have to be careful though as it it literally removing part of the lacquer. :shock:

Most polish is abrasive but some more than others. T-Cut for example is harsh stuff, too harsh really. Super Resin Polish on the other hand is quite mild and as mentioned above, will mask and fill marks on the paint quite well. Ideal for working by hand. Some polishes like Dodo Juice Lime Prime are micro-abrasive, which means as you work them they become less and less harsh. Safer for your paint than something like T-Cut.

So put simply, the Polish is designed to give you that nice shiny finish. Sealant/Wax is then applied to protect that shiny finish and protect your paint.

Polish = Shine
Wax = Protection

Simples. As that irritating Meerkat would say. :lol:

Wonder how hes getting on.

I kno the weather here is fine as ive been out on my bike today :)

sorry guys it didnt happen!!!!
iv had a mad day work and have just got home!!!
plus the pressure washer at work is knackered so couldnt have done it anyway!

on the plus side iv got a few litres of dodo juice shampoo,a sheeps wool colth thing, some carnauba wax,two chunks of clay(cant remember the make)!!and a few other bits so altho iv lost money to my boss for the bet i will at some point have a clean car!!!!!!

ha i wouldnt have paid u anyways :twisted:
im gutted i was actually looking forward to a clean car for once :cool:
if its nice 2moz i might clean one of the turbo's with the hose pipe.

i dragged out one of my cars today and took it to work and gave it a little "pre-clean" as im going to try and clean it properly at the weekend :mrgreen:
the water was a nasty green from where i dont think its been cleanned for years! :roll: :lol:
it already looks like a diff car so will get some pics once its cleanned properly-ish :mrgreen:

the mighty campus!!
did u not see/hear it driving around today?saw craig/paul/tonto/mark this morning!!!
it hasnt moved for about 5months so is filthy!!!!!!!!!!

TURBO":11fx40nx said:
the mighty campus!!
did u not see/hear it driving around today?saw craig/paul/tonto/mark this morning!!!
it hasnt moved for about 5months so is filthy!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: nope never saw it today but then again ive been tucked away in the office