clio style twin exhaust... what do you think?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostin

Reaction score
Hi

My missus is paying for me to have a custom exhaust made as a christmas present. Ive been toying with the idea of going for a twin tip design like the clio 197 with one tip each side of the valance. probably go for a 2 and 1/4 straight cut tip and have the valance cut nicely so each tip sits up in the bumper tidy. What do you all think?

I dont like the oval or the twin tip that ktec offer and either want outward rolled or straight cut but either one has to be quite small.

I imagine it'd look really nice flush with the bumper/diffuser...! Though is there enough room behind there? I think someone has put a twin exhaust on a GT before and it didn't look too bad..

Yeah, il have to try and find that pic of it done on the GT. I dont want it to look silly though if you get what i mean, i want it to look like it was made like it.

Yer Elia have a twin exhaust but no one is making a twin so If you get it done let me know where :)

Theres a custom exhaust shop where i live called A44 exhausts. Theyve done customs for me on previous cars and are very very good. They will make you anything you want. Ive had a price of around 400 for a cat-back or 320 for a downpipe back. Both proces would be plus VAT.

to do it properly it involves removing the spare wheel otherwise you'll have the silencer on one bit then on the other piping going round the wheel well and then a tip on the other side

yeah i guess so thinking about it. i presume the shop i spoke to planned to do just that and use one back-box and run a pipe behind the bumper for the right exit.

a long time ago an ex-member o TOC posted up a sale on his RS, he'd done his own system with a twin exit. not sure if he had the diffuser but he had the bumper laser cut to match the exhaust hole on the left side. did look extremely good

yep, its a done deal, defo having that done but with two round exits like the clio

That clio only had 1 backbox and on the other side just a tip with piping that went around the wheel well that said it looks nice, just i'd rather have it with 3" rolled tips and a diffuser not two ovals

Prabmire":3hh52add said:
That clio only had 1 backbox and on the other side just a tip with piping that went around the wheel well that said it looks nice, just i'd rather have it with 3" rolled tips and a diffuser not two ovals
The 182 has two boxes and no wheel well, 197 and 200 has one large box with small pipes/tips.

* i meant to say twingo Matt, theres a few with twin exits in europe but to retain wheel well the pipe goes around the well