Clio V6 thoughts?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easily the ugliest and most disappointing car i've ever seen. i've never understood the cult status they have??

so renault takes a clio body shell, puts hiddeous arches and the most god awful wheels on it. sticks the front axle on the arse of it, topped of with the fact that it's a .... dun dun doooooooooooooo!!! a bloody peugeot engine ... whenever i see it, all i can think of is max power and ridiculous ali g style body kits. oh, the best part is that a 172 will whip it's arse. it's just such a horrible car :/

i'm probably alone on this one aren't i??? :p

Not truly a Pug engine as that was a share between the French companies. Loads of wrong engines are found in other marques so its nothing new (or old)

You may be in a minority.
I love them, but not in yellow

Ktec has just brought one, with only 900 miles on the clock, don't even wanna think how much that cost.

i love em :) (sorry u def in minority)

And they are cheap in the uk compared to elsewhere. The prices of then are only going to go up further and further. I like the phase 1 v6 especially

All sports car are cheaper in the UK. You can almost buy a second hand Clio RS at half the price than you can find them here..

I love it :p

Completely impractical with a turning circle of a oil tanker but love the French idea of making a car fast - make low and wide, put daft engine in back. Wished they would have made a Megane Trophy with the V6 in the back (like Homologated race car)

It worked with the Micra 350SR but that was a bespoke build to it's kinda by the by.

PSA (Peugeot Citroen) actually make the 1.2 engine for Renault.

https://www.douvrin.psa.fr/index.php?id=1146

Go to the bottom of the page.

Famille D (D4K, D4 Turbo)

Essence – Atmosphérique, Turbo et GPL
Cylindrée / Puissance :
D4K : 1 149 cm3 / 75 ch
D4 Turbo : 1 149 cm3 / 100 ch

Anyway, I don't know what the clio v6 are like to drive. But I like the idea of them, small car big engine.

this is correct noseph :) this isn't as sinister as it appears though. they only manufacture the engines for Renault, they're not designed or developed by PSA. the main reason for this was that the french government, owning the biggest share alone in Renault required some cost cutting and Renault got the burden of the PSA engine plant in 2004.

the THP engine in my oppinion is the worst engine that has ever been created. i'd take a rover k-series over it any day of the week, and that really is saying something

oscar":324d2ot5 said:
easily the ugliest and most disappointing car i've ever seen. i've never understood the cult status they have??

so renault takes a clio body shell, puts hiddeous arches and the most god awful wheels on it. sticks the front axle on the arse of it, topped of with the fact that it's a .... dun dun doooooooooooooo!!! a bloody peugeot engine ... whenever i see it, all i can think of is max power and ridiculous ali g style body kits. oh, the best part is that a 172 will whip it's arse. it's just such a horrible car :/

Just lol whip it's arse! Couldn't get more max power in those three words.

I've never had a 172 whip my arse and non of my 1*2s have felt as good as my v6.

But you must be right. What would I know With my cap on the wrong way and my trackys on in'it

v6clo":1yvn4h6t said:
oscar":1yvn4h6t said:

Just lol whip it's arse! Couldn't get more max power in those three words.

I've never had a 172 whip my arse and non of my 1*2s have felt as good as my v6.

But you must be right. What would I know With my cap on the wrong way and my trackys on in'it

fair enough mate, we are all entitled to our oppinions. that's the reason for the thread! i like the idea behind it and the engineering, however i just don't like the aesthetics. nothing to get too wound up about you know?

I always got the impression that part of the appeal of the V6 Clio is due to how special a car it is. People that are serious about their cars that consider one of these will know all about the negatives of owning one but they would always be forgotten about in an instant once they start driving the car. It just has character and a sense of occasion about it and it will always get attention from people where ever it goes. I would love to own one and if I came in to a bit of money where I could amass a collection of cars it would definitely be it.

oscar":dnni4esq said:
this is correct noseph :) this isn't as sinister as it appears though. they only manufacture the engines for Renault, they're not designed or developed by PSA. the main reason for this was that the french government, owning the biggest share alone in Renault required some cost cutting and Renault got the burden of the PSA engine plant in 2004.

the THP engine in my oppinion is the worst engine that has ever been created. i'd take a rover k-series over it any day of the week, and that really is saying something

Interesting stuff. I've had Peugeot's and Citroen's in the pass, but they where all XU and TU engine cars. The amount of people (I live next door to a mechanics, I use to work next door to a Peugeot dealer and read stuff on forums) over the last 5 years or so who have told me not to touch a modern psa car is unreal. Pity cause I liked the old peugeots (205,106,306,405,406 era).

matt i'm sure the big v6 laguna used the same v6 that was in that dodgy flop 'skyline' that appeared between the R34 and R35 that everyone ignored like the plague (shows you how bad the concept was when even nissan fans struggle to recall information on the car itself lol??).

noseph i agree with you 100%. currently the thp engine in 207's etc are suffering horrendous failures and they are dropping like flies with turbo oil starvation issues, fuel pump issues and the most relentless killer of them all ; timing chain failure. the chains tensioner is tensioned by oil pressure as part of the bmw vanos system (vvt basically) and somehow ... it goes weak, causing the tension to loosen it's grip on the chain and the timing chain starts to rattle creating a whipping action which in turn stretches the chain causing it to slip on the crank pulley. further inspection revealed the crankshaft has no form of woodruff key / slot for the chain to sit in. i'd rather take my chances in a fist fight with satan than i would own a thp engine. however, i am a huge fan of the psa diesel HDi engines. very sturdy :) psa certainly has it's credits, it's just a shame that it's top of the range models over the past 10 years have been scrap yard queens