Clutch biting point

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikNorton

Reaction score
Just out of interest, where's the normal biting point in an RS? I didn't notice moving from my M3 (with reasonably new clutch/flywheel) to the Twingo, and hadn't paid much attention since as it wasn't much different in my other half's Micra.

What HAS made me think about it is her new Focus, where it's close to the floor where on the Twingo it's right up high near the end of pedal travel. The Focus' is razor sharp too, not like the Twingo. It makes switching between the two really difficult.

It doesn't seem to be slipping (5th at low speed the revs don't rise without speed, taking it out of gear, putting it back in and dropping the clutch it lurches), but it does seem a bit odd for it to be so high. Anyone?

Seems ok to me, been told by quite a few of my mates that it's very high compared to their cars, no different to my old Corsa

Confirming what everyone else is saying, but yeah, my clutch is really high too. Just a characteristic of the car I guess.

going by what im reading and the palpertations i thought i was going to get having to either change or pay for a clutch to be done the high clutch bite is a normality on these.thank gawd