cooler

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flowerpowerdave

Reaction score
This is to Oscar, Pure Motorsport sell a lower temp thermostat for the clio, 75 deg rather than 90 deg, allowing a cooler running car, could it be fitted to our GT's? cheers mate..

hey dave. i'm not too sure, i suppose you could have a punt at this yourself as it's only £19. bear in mind that if you do this, your engine will no doubt run rich and you'll start getting anti-pollution faults due to your the fuelling being constantly rich - eating through your catalytic converter like i do through a big mac @ lunch time! the reason for this is that your fueling is directly dependant on coolant temperature, and your thermostat opening temperature is taken into account on the OE management. it won't be taken into account if you were to replace it.

https://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2012/04/low-temp-thermostats-whats-the-advantage/

have a read here. unless you are running full aftermarket engine management and your car is constantly sitting on the red line, then i really wouldn't advise this one mate even if it did fit. please don't install one!