Crack in Windscreen

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calolsen

Reaction score
Driving to work at 5.30am this morning, -9 on dash display, drove over a speed bump and my taxdisc holder fell off. Went to put it back on and noticed a big crack on passenger side of windscreen in the shape of a semi-circle from top to bottom of windscreen.
NOT HAPPY.
Hope this is covered by warranty, don't want to have to fork out a lot of pennies at this time of year.

if im honest i cant see it being covered by warranty..... but you never know?

My windscreen excess was £70 if i need a replacement one through insurance.. thankfully they could repair mine instead of replace

good luck fella!

It didnt happen to me but going though my cars history before i got the car as it was a ex demo mine had a windscreen replaced under warrenty

Customer complaint - POORLY SECURED,ASSEMBLED,PLAY
Customer record - WINDSCREEN STRESS CRACK NEAR MIRROR MOUNT

Looks like I'll have to go through insurance as Renault say that the screen is not covered under warranty coz it's a wear & tear item.
Does anyone know if the screen on the RS is any different from the other twingos?
If I go to Autoglass, just want to make sure they put the correct screen in!

Yeah unless you can prove it wasn't installed correctly it won't be covered by warranty unfortunately :(

You're insurance (providing you have windscreen excess) will cover a new one for roughly 70 quid (doesn't affect NCB) but otherwise you're looking at a few hundred for a windscreen...!

Does anyone have the number for RUK?
Just had a closer look at the screen in the daylight and have noticed that it is cracked on the inside of the car, the outer screen is still intact.
How the he'll has that happened? Might try to argue my case with Renault UK as I don't understand how they can say it's down to wear & tear if it's the inner screen that has cracked!

It is possible for some stone chips to cause a crack on the inside, depending on impact. I've never seen it myself though and most people don't believe it's possible so you may be able to get something done under warranty :) On the other hand, it could well be a faulty screen that has caused it to crack on the inside... Who knows!? :(

i as ways have to have my screen replaces at the same time of the year. funny how its always been booked in on the same day. heres to a 3rd time lucky :D

*** why is it i have to always log in twice just to post in a thread????***

orbital":2yjd1oh4 said:
i as ways have to have my screen replaces at the same time of the year. funny how its always been booked in on the same day. heres to a 3rd time lucky :D

*** why is it i have to always log in twice just to post in a thread????***

Perhaps you have a corrupt cookie. Try clearing the cookies (at least for this website) and try again.

calolsen":tf21qwpg said:
Does anyone have the number for RUK?
Just had a closer look at the screen in the daylight and have noticed that it is cracked on the inside of the car, the outer screen is still intact.
How the he'll has that happened? Might try to argue my case with Renault UK as I don't understand how they can say it's down to wear & tear if it's the inner screen that has cracked!

Could be a combination of the cold weather and the state of the roads combined with low profile tyres and a stiff chassis. If it cracks it may not necessarily have to be something hitting the screen that's done it. :?

It's worth trying Renault Customer services.

Having said that, your insurance would usually cover you for a windscren free or with a minimal excess.

No joy with Renault UK so went through insurance. New screen being fitted tomorrow by Autoglass £75 excess!