• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Twingo Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

CUP springs

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just put Apex lowering springs on my car :)

All i can say is worth teh pennies :)

i duno yet coz will that not mess up my warranty :s ? coz i was just going to get a set of cup springs compressed.

Ollie133cup":1y3j22so said:
look warranty is for a part so it doesnt void ya whole car just the bit youve replaced .

Wrong!!!

Or any parts that the modifaction part could cause damage to

most car manufacters will allow a certain amount of mods/value of cash before it invalidates your warranty but it aint much, can b as little as £300 which could just b a nice headunit and then ur done no more mods!!

Twingogeekeo":hvtpatss said:
Ollie133cup":hvtpatss said:
look warranty is for a part so it doesnt void ya whole car just the bit youve replaced .

Wrong!!!

really .. im not fussed anyway.

Ollie133cup":25ayn8oa said:
Twingogeekeo":25ayn8oa said:
Ollie133cup":25ayn8oa said:

Wrong!!!

really .. im not fussed anyway.

Nore am i :lol: just fought id put the fact across ;)

TURBO":2az9jkwp said:
most car manufacters will allow a certain amount of mods/value of cash before it invalidates your warranty but it aint much, can b as little as £300 which could just b a nice headunit and then ur done no more mods!!

I don't know where you got this from mate. The rules are simple, you can make as many modifications as you like and your warranty is still valid for 3 years/60,000 miles (whichever comes first). However, if any failure can be attributed to a modification, or any other external factor, the warranty won't cover the repair cost of that particular failure.

Dealers are to blame for the confusion about this by being such lazy and unhelpful people. They can't be bothered to process warranty claims, as their staff don't get paid for it and even if the manufacturer authorise the work, they get paid warranty rates (not very much). This is why dealers are always so reluctant to sort out warranty issues, so they just tell customers ridiculous things like "you've got aftermarket alloys, so your warranty is void". Unfortunately, people can be pretty daft and they believe this sort of rubbish, even though the terms and conditions of the warranty are written in the handbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.