CUP vs B14’s vs BC’s – What works well on track?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjh00u

Reaction score
I’m looking at using a Twingo 133 as a cheap track car. I’ve read a lot that says the CUP suspension is ideal for track, but apparently I’ve also read some stuff which says it’s not that different to the stock setup?

Would I be better off getting B14’s or BC Coilovers?

I’ve done the whole Coilover thing with a set of HSD’s before on a BMW E36 M3 and it made a big difference to the handling but they were a pain to setup, particularly as most places couldn’t align them properly.

Would a CUP setup with maybe some camber bolts to save the tyres wearing be up to the job and save me the hassle of dealing with coilovers?

Does anybody know what the stock spring rates are on the Twingo?

Thanks

As this post is almost a year old I'm guessing you never did get a 133 as a cheap track car......but, for what it's worth the standard suspension is fine for track to start with.
Personally I prefer a bit of compliance in my suspension on track and in OE form it's just fine.
My advice would be try it, and if you don't like it then upgrade :)

try the current cup setup first, you might find it is good enough for what you want... replacement parts for this setup is pretty cheap through us so if you do need any bits give us a shout..

if you do find you end up wanting to go for coilovers, both the Bilstein and BC Racing coilovers are good quality monotube damper setups. the B14's are more oriented for road however, so I would say if you want a stripped out track setup go for the BC kit. it even has adjustable damping as a bonus. we have these both discounted on the site if you go that route
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/renault/renault-twingo-mk2-rs/suspension.html