Custom Horns... Specifically a Dixie

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripNip

Reaction score
Yeah, as the title states I'd like to fit a dixie horn to my GT... Because I think it would be hilarious...
How hard do you reckon it would be? My concern is the actual space for the horns, if I'm correct you need to fit about 5 long horns...

Has anyone else got a custom horn?

There is someone, somewhere, who lives near me and for the last 15 years has been setting a dixie horn off EVERY morning at 8:45. They must be retarded or ASBO award holders because it is so f-ing annoying I couldn't say. It's only distant sound from where I live but I dread to think how much their neighbours must hate them!

Please don't do it, for the sake of evolution.

Oh I wouldn't be a douchebag about it... I realise how anoying that would be. I rarely use my horn, I just think it'd be a nice gimmick... every now and then

I think it would be funny and fitted a dual horn in my Lupo which was extremely loud for such a small car.

As for fitting a dixie horn, you could wire it up separately to the standard horn so that all works as normal, then press a button and get the dixie one.

Couldn't say as to where you could fit it though as it would take up more room than a standard unit, plus you may have to have additional power too it, although don't quote me on that.

Good luck with it though mate, I reckon it'd be a laugh.