Dare ST Alloys

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_Robo

Reaction score
as some of you may know I'm looking at changing or refurbing my Gordini Alloys.

I've always loved the look of these alloys, however I'm clueless when it comes to the technical side involving sizes etc.

https://www.wheels.uk.com/acatalog/alloy-wheels-dare-st-gr.html

Ive been looking at these:
dare-st-gr_lg.jpg

7 x 17" & ET40, just a couple of questions, i gather my tyres currently on my gordini alloys can be swapped over? as they still have plenty of tread on & Im kinda tight on cash at the moment :p

my tyres at the moment are: are 205/40/R17s on the front whilst i have 195/40/R17s on the rears, will they rub due to the low offset?

thanks in advance guys, I'd appreciate any advice :)

Yes your tyres will be swappable, however you'll still be charged a bit for swapping and balancing.

To be honest en ET40 isn't really a "low" offset. Aren't the standard wheels a 7 or 7.5 anyway with something like ET55? These won't end up being much different fitment than standard...

Last time i had mine done. It was 97 quid. New valves have got to go in the new wheels. They will also need balancing

ET 40 isn't that low :p
When you go for ET30 or lower you should start to worry ;)
My OZ's are ET 37 and at the front they're almost flush with the wheelarches.

About the ST alloys, the design looks nice but I don't like multifit wheels, but thats my opinion :)

@daveyb thanks mate i'll expect to pay around that then :)

@waitey yeah they are, i wish i could afford the proper OZs lol

@Movingshadow ah sound, like i said i had no idea lol, yeah i love the design, theyre the closest i could find to OZ Ultraleggeras within my price range so they dont bother me too much tbf :)

JE_GT":3473lih0 said:
ET35 + 25MM spacers on the rear on mine, snug ;) I reckon you should drop a size down to 16"s

Means he has to buy new tyres.

I'd want 15s on mine if I change, more tyres available and its cheaper at those sizes so better brands available around the same price.