De-coke products

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

cars reached a lovely 50k milestone and putting some thoughts into de-coking products for the engine as they state to run them around 50k odd miles, plus i've had the issues with the manifold switch and driving without remaps that im guessing didnt help

only one that comes to my head is the "Powerboost" by eco and seems easy enough to use.
just seeing on here if anyones used de-coke products before, how you find them, ease of use and brands etc

you would probably have been running lean when the exhaust went on, before remap. Unless you have mapped it rich to prevent knock (like bmw 335i) the requirement and benefit will be small

*ktec had it recording at 7 on the scale of 12 being the worst and RS was about 3 running the adjusted manifold with ktec remap, know its all fine

but still like to de-coke the thing and keep the engine in top condition through its life. also just realised in a years time i'd be needing a new cam belt..damn it!

Unless it's lost power or giving you trouble I wouldn't fancy putting that stuff through a modern system. Oxygen sensor and cats are very sensitive and can be easily damaged.
Most modern engines don't coke up like days gone by due to strict emissions laws.
I've seen the ep turbo engine as used in the mini cooper and psa products coke up but that flags up a super knoxs fault. And let's say after 2 cans of this so called de-coke stuff it doesn't touch the carbon. In my opinion don't bother uless you are having problems.

cheers for the input :D cant afford to replace more broken oxy sensors and sports cat so will leave it be. i guess nothing beats taken the engine out and clean by hand