Dunsfold Supercar Family Funday - 14th May 2011

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee133

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a reminder about the Top Gear Track meet which is only a few weeks away now. Date is Saturday 14th May 2011.

The organisers have renamed it this year to Dunsfold Supercar Family Funday. Please see full details on this thread:

meets/dunsfold-dad-day-out-2011-top-gear-track-t1214.html

Also check out the article on Pistonheads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23361

There is a RS contingent going as well so maybe make sense to team up with them as there is actually not that many of them/us going. I have stuck our names down on their list for those of you that have put your names down. If we decide to go solo then I will have to let them know at some point, but I think personally, I would rather team up with the other RSs. But we can still bring our banners along and park the Twingos together.

Current attendees:

1) JDee133 (Display ticket bought)
2) HattonPerformance - Josh (Display ticket bought)
3) Mr_Ben
4) Matt
5) Daveyb133
6) TwingoGeekeo

I've bought my display ticket now. There are rumours of the new McLaren MP4-12c being there as part of the blue ribbon rides (if it gets delivered on time) and that there is a timed slalom course that car clubs can take part in!

Be there or be square!!!

I might take the push bike its about 30 - 45 minute cycle from mine you can all see me in my lycra ;)

Just a reminder that it's only just over a week to go till the event. Is everyone on the original list still attending? Please let me know so we can confirm numbers for the display area. Currently only Josh (and I) has confirmed he has bought the display ticket. There will probably be convoys arranged, I will most probably be going from Guidford Cathedral.

Cool cool Josh. I think we are supposed to meet at the track at 8.30am... ouch. Roger's just confirmed on the RS forum. I think there will be ushers there to point us to the right display on the day.

Last update people. I know some of you were on the list but I haven't got confirmations from all of you yet. Let me know if you still wanna come.

Supercar Family Funday - Sat May 14th 2011 - An Update
Just a few days to go now, and we've added even more attractions to the day.

We have an Autosolo course for you to take your car on to see just how good a driver you are kindly run on our behalf by the experienced guys at the Farnborough and District Motor Club.

at £10 for 3 runs against the stopwatch you'll have ample opportunity to try and match the time set in the morning....the closest wins (not the fastest on the day just the closest so you'll have to pace yourself)....I warn you though it's addictive fun!

Members of the Ronnie Scotts all Stars are now playing on the Ace cafe stage in addition to the other 4 live bands already booked.

There'll be a Hovercraft on hand to take you for a spin around the outfield and some very exciting cars on show both in the static display area and in the event arena itself which will still have the mix of displays from the M.A.D. the appropriately named mountain bike display team and from the famous East Coast FMX motorbike display.

Tickets for rides in the Supercars and Caterhams are selling out fast so make sure you book your entry and ride tickets online as soon as possible to avoid missing out.

https://www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/shop.asp?section=749&sectionTitle=Dad%27s+Day+Out+tickets

The Autosolo and hovercraft rides will be sold on the day on a first come, first served basis so make sure you get there nice and early.