Engine bay products

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronjoy

Reaction score
I'm looking to give the new car a good going over but the engine bay is looking a bit tiresome. The manifold looks like they could benefit from a good clean but what product do I use on them? I have the facelift model and haven't properly looked to see if it's a plastic cover or metal, if so if polish it with autoglym metal polish.
Advice and possibly pics of a clean facelift model? Thanks

Yes you have the same problem as me but the main problem is that the standard rs manifold isn't really polishable unless you take out all the casting marks, but if you have the ktec manifold I think you'd stand a better chance of polishing it up

I used autoglym metal polish which took all the crap off that was stuck to it. I also used autoglym showshine on some plastics such as the airbox which worked a treat so it's looking rather presentable at the moment. Feels like it's not enough though!

Green scotchbrite pad, apc or a shampoo and elbow grease will work wonders on the inlet. No point spending cash on products for something like that tbh. I just wiped my Bay down every wash and it never got too dirty.

Dressed the few plastics there are with dressle and left to dry then a wipe.

WD40 - works every time, plus it protects the electrics, don't use anything else.

Usually some all purpose cleaner, bit of dwell time and a microfibre/brush would clean up an engine bay nicely.

Manifold wise, it's harder as it's not a smooth polished finish.

Not tried WD40 but sounds like it's worth a go too. :)

Any recommendation for the manifold?
2016-10-02-21-01-39_dsc05800.jpg

first you need a good degreaser i use atas dimmer you can use meguiars apc but in a stronger ratio.
spray it , leav it a few minutes then clean it with a preassure washer.
leave to dry then use some dressing to protect it , i use meguiars endurance :D

One thing I will add, because you've got your coil packs literally underneath - and because they are sensitive AF to any moisture try to at least get an airline and blow out ALL the water around them after you've put a pressure washer anywhere near your engine bay. Alternatively, make sure they are covered up with a carrier bag or similar before hand.