Engine mounts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badman171

Reaction score
hi just wondering are there any uprated engine mounts available for the RS yet, my lower mount is on its way out already

thanks

Nothing yet but if enough intrest ill get in talks with a few companys

powerflex to busy with making other kits as i've spoken to them a quite a few other companies as my exhaust system now knocks due to engine movement. looks like i'll most likely get it done as a custom job inshop. already had gearbox strengthened by still not 100% like

i did ask ktec and they strongly advised against it and so did powerflex, some might work, but the 133 is based on the standard clio not the 182 i believe.
and renault isnt selling their ball joints from the r2 which is a pain as well.

if you can get 50 odd people willing to pay for it in one go, they would think about it strongly

TripleJay":17nq6s30 said:
just recently i wondered how is so that powerflex is not making a set for RS and if some bushes originaly for Clio would fit?

im guessing ur talking about the chasis bushes, susension mounts etc as aposed to the actual engine mounts??

thats the one turbo, and ktecs uprated 182 engine mounts aint gonna fit as well, ktec heard the knocking of my exhaust and did have a peek but said best to have a set made for it.

will see about mounts when serious engine mods go in the engine has to come out, the cars such a pain father have everything done at once

mmm interesting, apart from the i cant judge how it will work on mine since the manifold is rattling on mine due to the change were as stock doesnt. wonder if they'd do fitting it first for me before paying when they start to sell them... tempted to hard weld the damn thing in once the engines done :S

badman171":3vmqc6vo said:
hi just wondering are there any uprated engine mounts available for the RS yet, my lower mount is on its way out already

thanks

Replace under warranty then. The car is under 3 years old. Shouldn't have gone at all and with a small car and 1.6 you hardly need to uprate it.

i think he wants to uprate them for a piece of mind and if there on way out then the car actually needing it as oems will do same job on stock.

i just checked my manifold piping, took a dent grrrr. not enought to mess up joints, damage under carrage, flow but over time could be a problem. hurry up ktec lol

I'm about getting my 3rd lower engine mount fitted, as I wear out one per year... I think I have to take measurements and see if the ones from a clio mk2 would fit...

oh that reminds me, need to get pictures to see how they reinforced the bottem of my car. any one no what type of screws hold the under tray in?

orbital":3o4n8ow0 said:
oh that reminds me, need to get pictures to see how they reinforced the bottem of my car. any one no what type of screws hold the under tray in?
I imagine it's the usual Torx bolts.

fredii, i know that you can get the images of R2 parts, try searching for their joints and mounts. i no they use stronger ones then the 133. might be worth a look