ESP Kicking in unexpectedly

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elniniol999

Reaction score
Hi, My RS has the standard 17" wheels with 205 40 17s on them. (purely for cost)

I have noticed that when i am going (usually up a hill) round a left bend my ESP kicks in and the car judders slightly and the light flashes on the dash. Its makes me feel uneasy as it only happens at speed - 45+. Renault couldnt detect any issues when it was in for a service when i asked them to check it but any ideas? It feels as though your not in control of the car for a split second, but not by any means putting the car to the limits.

Mine did a similar thing not so long back but the tc light stayed in permanently no matter what corner I went round. check to see if anything is loose and back to Renault if not.

Tell them to look at the suspension top mounts, mine was slightly loosened up and that caused my massive ESP problems along with some other. Had to stop by 3 times at my dealership before they went through my suspension and finally found out what’s wrong.

thread revival.

did you get this sorted? i have exactly the same issue

Hi!

Yes, they checked the right top mount and found out it was loosened. They said it wasn't loosened by much, but afterwards they did whatever they did I haven't encountered the problem again. My guess is that the ESP sometimes kicks in way too soon, probably because of slippery tarmac that you can’t even see with your own eyes, but it’s enough for the ESP sensor to go crazy. I must also admit that I switch off my ESP more often ever since I had the problem and even though I leave it on during Winter I haven’t had the same problem. I feel your pain though, it happened to me a couple of times and I was frustrated, because the so called “perfect” cup settings were not working well for me. Had to go back to dealership 3 times before they even bothered to thoroughly check my suspension and mounts! I’ll probably buy some solid top mounts in Spring, just to make sure nothing comes loose again (if that was ever the problem, but would put my mind to ease). Hope it works out well for you and I hope I’ve been clear enough.

Cheers!

ill have a mooch at the top mounts this weekend then. It is very annoying, and at times has been scary too haha. Thanksfor your help, it was perfectly clear

thanks