Euro Roadtrip

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currieravfc

Reaction score
I'm going on a European trip in the twingo next week and was just after some advice or suggestions of good roads/sites/places to avoid. I'm going for about a week and have planned in Eurotunnel, Rheims, Geneva, Alps (Altdorf), Black forest, Spa, Brugge. These places are already booked up with hotels each night but if somewhere you know of isn't too far from those locations let me know :)

if you going to spa then you might as well pop over to the nurburgring. its not that far from spa.

If you're driving from Spa to Brugge you'll be passing along me.

If you're into some WWII stuff, visit 'La Coupole' in France. If the Germans would have finished that, it would have been the end of London.

When you're in Spa you'll be enjoying the Ardennes forest which has awesome roads for the 133 and the Nurburgring is about 1h20 from Spa.

manofhow":2lm1owyr said:
if you going to spa then you might as well pop over to the nurburgring. its not that far from spa.

This. DO IT!!!

Really don't want to bin my car on the ring and have 10,000 in finance to pay for but no car, really stuck in 2 minds. It would be a shame to do all that driving and not visit the ring though.

currieravfc":2y6tpfnx said:
Really don't want to bin my car on the ring and have 10,000 in finance to pay for but no car, really stuck in 2 minds. It would be a shame to do all that driving and not visit the ring though.

I think it would be sacrilege if you don't. I'm sure you know your limits and that of the car so drive it just don't go nuts, you'll be fine!! It would take a few trips for anyone to even have a half a go at it properly anyway.

currieravfc":3o7napau said:
Track insurance?

currieravfc":2sovsxa3 said:
But is it classed as a track to be able to use track insurance? I thought it was a "toll road"

MovingShadow":2sovsxa3 said:
It's technically a toll road and isn't a race track. Atleast that part of the Nuburgring.
Learn something new everyday

Its a toll road but there will be a disclaimer in all insurances excluding any kind of insurance if you go onto the nurburgring and not to mention of you crash they'll fine you a stupid amount for cleanup and closed track time and barriers

So who do I get insurance from and how much will it cost? I only want to do one lap if I do, do it just to say I've done it

lets be honest, you'll only regret it for the rest of your life if you don't drive the ring whilst there. even if it's at a leisurely pace, you can still say you've experienced it and i'm sure you could arrange a passenger ride in a much faster car dude!

as for track day insurance : Moris, MSI, CCI and REIS

you also don't have to race, because it is a toll road, anyone can go on it, coaches and mr and mrs smith with the kids and there roof box go round all the time.

so go and do it once and just drive it, don't push and race and enjoy the experience :)

Geneva lake is beautiful and well worth to do a lap around. Visit places like Lausanne, Montreux and Vevey on the Swiss side. While you could go to Evian and Thonon on the French side. Also Annemasse and Annecy are well worth a visit a little further into France.

Switzerland is really stunning, has beautiful roads and you might want to visit places like Lugano, Locarno, St. Moritz, Bellinzona and Zermatt. From geneve to these places can be full of Alps driving fun. Also Bern, Lucern, Zürich, schaffhausen and their Rheinfalls are worth a visit. But taking into account you only go for a week, you need to set priorities. :p

When in Brugge, you could go to Holland and maybe do a day in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. Or decide to stay in Belgium and go to gent, Bruxelles or Antwerp.

Lots to see and do :D

Road trip was absolutely amazing, I would recommend it to anyone. I will post up the pictures and places we stayed/went to soon.